Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-10 of 48 Results
  1. Misc. Accessories
    Hi, I am struggling finding a lyre holding screw to fit my Vito Yanagisawa Baritone. Will a Yamaha screw do the job? If anyone's any info, I will be grateful! Cheers,
  2. Eb Alto
    Hello everyone, I’m trying to identify this Kenosha Vito Alto Saxophone. The seller just calls it’s a vintage Kenosha Vito Alto Saxophone. The problem is I have yet to find pictures or info of a Kenosha Vito with a split guard on the left side of the bell like this. I love vito saxophones and...
  3. Beaugnier, G. Leblanc & Vito
    Hi all, first time poster, long time user here. I’ve recently acquired a Vito model 35 Leblanc-style alto. It’s in great mechanical shape, and looks great, though it could use a new pad or two. I’m especially interested in the leblanc-style fingerings and system of tonehole placement. Reviews...
  4. Misc. Saxophone Manufacturers
    Hi all, (after years of just reading, I'd like to make a first post here, so a short introduction is in place). I'm Teake, playing tenor for about 35 years, in several pop/blues/jazz/gospel/bigband settings. I've got a Vito "Duke" tenor, made in france, nr 18778. Which probably makes it a...
  5. Jupiter
    Just got one off craigslist for so little it was almost free. Some scratches to the lacquer, but no dings or dents. Plays well with no problems. My other alto is a Japanese-made Vito, a YAS-23 style. I haven't done extensive comparison, but the ergonomics are very similar between the two...
  6. Sax vs. Sax, Mpc vs. Mpc, etc.
    How do the older Vito tenors and altos compare with the newer (Japan) Vito horns?
  7. Misc. Saxophone Manufacturers
    I have recently bought this tenor saxophone, and i have been searching online for information of this horn. However i cannot find anything about an E. Beuagnier "King" Tenor sax. I found on doctorsax mention of an alto sax in the "King" series but not the tenor. The serial number on the sax is...
  8. General Discussion
    Hey y'all! I used to play alto casually, but its been years since I have even touched a sax, let alone played one. Our local music store had a program called "rent to own" where you would rent an old beat up Yamaha and after years and probably 1000s of dollars they would give you it. Kind of a...
  9. Yamaha
    Were the "copper tinted lacquer" Yamaha Japan Vitos for Leblanc made only in the 1970's (i.e., only the YAS/YTS 21 Vito rather than the 23's)? I like the look of these horns and I am considering them for backup horns in outdoor or other "iffy" situations, as they are certainly capable...
  10. Bb Tenor
    Hey guys, I recently acquired a tenor saxophone from my grandfather who just passed away few months ago. I don't anything about this instrument and I really need your help identify the model and the value of the saxophone. Pads look excellent. It says VITO and the serial number is 635A...
1-10 of 48 Results