Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-10 of 24 Results
  1. Electronic Equipment
    Been looking into buying Midi keyboard to simulate single-reed woodwind instrument sound of saxophone. looked at alto of companies Yamaha/novation/m-audio and samson need you guyss opinion on which is best with price to quality ratio personally thinking m-audio is the best every opinion will be...
  2. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    Hey all! Looking to purchase a microphone for home use (saxophone recording) with a budget of around $300. I did some recording at my buddy's place with a Carvin CTM100 tube condenser and LOVED the way it came out on both alto and tenor. I'll link a couple of those recordings below so you can...
  3. YouTube videos
    Back with another video! Did a recording in the studio for WWFM (Trenton, NJ) and here's one of the tunes we played- "Dolphin Dance." Hope you guys dig it- let me know what you think! I'll post an update about how to listen online to the entire session, including interviews and playing (roughly...
  4. Announcements and Bulletin Board
    Hew SOTW crew! The new album by my zany funk-jazz-rock-fusion band, Progger, is available today, and you can nab it from Bandcamp or iTunes. And if you preordered one, you hopefully got some sort of notification letting you know that it's on your way physically and by download. I'm really proud...
  5. Altissimo and Multiphonics
    So I've been trying to add altossimo to my playing and have been trying to get G out and have tried every fingering I've heard of and keep overshooting it and getting an altissimo D. How can I prevent this from happening? It happens on both my Lebayle Studio 8 and Meyer 5M so I know that it's me...
  6. Electronic Equipment
    So I think I'm going to get this mic: Electro-Voice N/D468 https://www.google.com/search?q=Electro-Voice+N%2FD468&oq=Electro-Voice+N%2FD468&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61j0l3.207j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=Electro-Voice+N%2FD468 I need some help! What do I need to get going? I'd like to...
  7. YouTube videos
    Happy New Year everyone! Here's a short clip of a studio session I did a little while back...hope you like it.
  8. Bb Tenor
    New year is approaching and I am pretty fed up of having to hang around work to practice after hours; my work is quite a distance so driving in at the weekends isn't much fun either and I need the mental headspace from work; I feel like I'm always there. I realised I can't soundproof a room in...
  9. Alto mpc
    Hi, I was wondering who do/did play Guardala mouthpieces on alto sax. I have a handmade studio model DG SA 41XX and I'm not sure enough if I keep it in my setup or I sell it. I just wanted to hear some clips to get an idea of its possibilities. Thank you P.S.: In a list of setups I found...
  10. Clarinet
    Hello, My name is Mike and I run the music collaboration website http://www.recordtogether.com. It's a website that allows songwriters to post a classified-type ad for musicians they want to perform on their song. Just wanted to give a heads up that somebody is looking for a clarinet recording...
1-10 of 24 Results