Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-8 of 8 Results
  1. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Hello everyone! I recently cleaned nearly every part of my alto with Q-tips (all the posts and hard to reach spots). However, now many of the keys are bouncy and louder than before. For example, low C#, the bis key, left hand C key, and the low F#, F, and E keys. It also feels like the spring...
  2. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Hi all. I have been interested for quite some time in teaching myself to repair and service Saxes and recently bought a an old Silver Plated Kohlert VKS Tenor Sax which seemed to be an ideal choice to learn on as my local repairer said it would cost about twice as much to overhaul as it would...
  3. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Good day. I have removed the palm keys on my unlacquered Trevor James Signature Custom to clean off corrosion and dried spit. They were connected to the body of the instrument via steel springs. The springs do not seem to have been hooked into place by anything (they are screwed onto the keys...
  4. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Magnificent Sax Masters, I have come with small, humble question to beg your advice. I am kneeling before you, my Masters, please help me know where to find the proper blue paint to reblue these springs. How is it possible to fix these springs, as shown in the attached photo? Does it help if...
  5. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    The Palm Eb key original light action spring 0,015" x 30,90mm on my Balanced Action Tenor broke - replaced it with rubber band just before the gig. today went to a sax tech to buy a good replacement . But , he only had or to heavy or to light springs available - I've ended up installing to...
  6. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    where I could buy stainless steel springs for Yamaha YAS-61 (or 62) regards
  7. Buescher
    Hello, I recently rescued a silver-plated Buescher tru-tone (low pitch, serial# 74140) from Goodwill. Someone decided to clean it and left quite a bit gunk, which I am cleaning off. However, it has a broken spring (needs to be 2" long) and needs new pads. Any suggestions about where I could get...
  8. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    A studnet's saxophone was wet this past weekend at a marching competition. His springs are now rusty. Will this cause a problem?
1-8 of 8 Results