Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 87 Results
  1. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    If you want to really hear the bari sax as a solo instrument, go to JWPepper.com and put "Dali's Dream" in the Search box. It will take you to an mp3 of Wayne Leechford,who commissioned this work for his CD and concerts. He finds the exotic and rich sounds of this sax.
  2. Eb Alto
    Hi all. Guys, please help: does anyone have a transcription of the "The Last Page" solo by Phil Woods? Thank you in advance!
  3. Solo Performer
    Long story short, my new boss learned that I play sax and I got volunteered to play at our holiday party (which, frankly, will be fun). I may be dueting with a jazz pianist, I may be playing solo, or I may put some BiaB tracks together. I can't imagine that I'll be playing for more than like...
  4. Solo Performer
    Hey all, think I may be going mad....doing a load of DJ and sax gigs recently and keep on getting the feeling that I have NO CLUE what key the song is in: Ive been gigging at a high level for 40 odd years and have pretty good ears, have always been able to find keys and blow within seconds. So...
  5. General Discussion
    Does anyone have alto sax 1 solo for saxophobia?? i’ve looked everywhere and seem to not be able to find it
  6. Tips and Techniques
    This is the piece I’ll be soloing, at 2:10 is when the main solo starts… whenever she hits high D it isn’t just a single note but it started out as low then went high whenever she played it. I really wanna know how to do it but I don’t know how.. i’m a beginner to Jazz. Is it something in the...
  7. Eb Alto
    As it says in the title, I’ve been asked as part of my job to play sax and teach a bit about jazz in a music appreciation class for people with developmental disabilities. I’ve been working on a set list with old favorites like Take the A Train and Take 5, but I was hoping you all might have...
  8. Eb Alto
    Im a senior in high school, preparing an audition due on the 25th for college band, the problem is im a huge procrastinator, i've gotten everything else for the audition down by grinding today and yesterday, but the final requirement is a Solo/Concerto with 2 contrasting movements and im...
  9. Playing Songs
    I'll start by saying that this is my first post here and that I'm 17 and in my last year of high school. Now for the question at hand, which version of Pequena Czarda should I play? I'm at a crossroads because I like both but I also don't have that much time to get it down. The version I like...
  10. Classical Saxophone
    Hey all, I wanted to share this recording from the premiere performance of my Concerto for Baritone Saxophone, performed last year by Taylor Huitema and Zhao Wang at Central Michigan University. There are versions of the concerto with either piano or string orchestra accompaniment. More...
  11. Jazz and Improvisation
    Transcribed a killer Brecker solo off of Arturo Sanduval's, "Funky Cha-Cha," first solo that had some overtones in it which was pretty cool ? Check it out!
  12. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    I'm playing a SBA tenor on this. It's a loosely planned out piece I created in dedication to the great Billie Holiday.
  13. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    Dear SOTW people hello! It's been a long time, since i ve posted on SOTW community! I would like to send you my warmest regards and my best wishes, for this summer! Below i would like to share with you, an excerpt from our student concert, in Athens. Here i play with my jazz combo, a sax solo...
  14. Sheet Music & Transcriptions
    Does anyone have a transcription of Ron Carter's intro and head to "Beatrice" on the "State of the Tenor" recording by Joe Henderson? I found his solo, but not his "comping" when Joe's playing the melody. Thanks!
  15. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    Hey everyone! Back with another solo saxophone video. Here is one of my all-time favorite ballads, "Stars Fell on Alabama." Have a listen and let me know what you think! #makejazzfunagain
  16. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    have a nice weekend to all... French Pyrenees....
  17. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    Bernie's Tune ...30 min before the gig.
  18. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    Honeysuckle Rose (by Fats Waller) (tenor saxophone solo)
  19. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    My new composition, I still looking for a title. Any ideas?
  20. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
1-20 of 87 Results