Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-7 of 20 Results
  1. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    I have Mark VI tenor 836**. I love it! But previous owner did something rather silly: He had it silver-plated at the Selmer factories. That's beautiful horn I don't mean that, but for me as being fan of Getz/Webster/Gonsalves the sound is too bright. It sounds brighter than original laquer Mark...
  2. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Some months ago I made my first attempt at an overhaul of a silver-plated Ida Maria Grassi, Export model from 1974 that I won on eBay. The overhaul included: - washing and polishing of th ebody and keys; - replating lost silver-plate with an electroplating brush; - tonehole leveling; - repad...
  3. Misc. Saxophone Manufacturers
    I posted my question in the introduction section, but its more appropriate that i post it here... silver plated sax with no engravings just a poor quality eagle logo of some kind with lower trill keys for c# B and Bb a split low D key so that you can finger d# without using your pinky there...
  4. C Melody Soprano, Contralto & Tenor
    I Am now the proud owner of a Martin handcraf stencil C-melody saxophone. It came with case and a broken mpc.. the tip was just not there, but this wont be a problem as i`ve read on this forum and on Alan Tucker`s site. it was in quite ok condition, the pads were fine a few missing corks all...
  5. Sax Body and Finish
    Hello all, I have a silver plated (presumably) Steve Goodson tenor saxophone. I originally bought the horn cheap on eBay as a kind of toss around horn for marching band/pep band and situations where I don't want my Custom Z to get in harms way. The finish on the horn is a little cheap and the...
  6. Mouthpiece Maintenance, Modification & Refacing
    I was recently forced to do a repair refacing on my tenor Link STM because it had picked up a nick in the tip. I don't know how it happened and it did not seem to match what would be expected if the cap was mashed into the tip. In any case, I got it pretty much right and it plays very much like...
  7. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Greetings, I have a beautiful silver plated mid-20's vintage Buescher True-Tone that belonged to my grandfather that I finally have gotten around to restoring. The silver plating is in good enough shape that I want to preserve it. However, at some point in its history (probably in the 50's...
1-7 of 20 Results