Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 34 Results
  1. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
    I bought a sax for cheap and I'm doing repairs, i have no prior experience or budget so its gotten difficult at some points. I make do with the cheap parts i got, but if i have to get proper ones, where do i go? I bought the sax second hand so i don't know the model name or year so if anyone...
  2. Flute & Piccolo
    Hey everyone, new member here! My parents purchased this flute for me about 18 years ago and I would love to get more information about it! It is a Selmer flute, the purchase tag says "Selmer Omege F1 Flute". It is an open hole, with gold keys and an engraved gold lip plate, and B foot. The head...
  3. Clarinet
    Hello everyone in this wonderful forum! I have some difficulties finding what year a bass clarinet is made! The model is LeBlanc and the serial number is 3502 Can anyone help? I have tried the following link, but i could not...Oh god, am i doing something silly here...
  4. Selmer (USA)
    Hello everybody. I could use some help identifying my Selmer USA Tenor sax. I would like to sell it and offered it on ebay but most everybody is asking for the model ( I listed it with pictures and the serial number). One even said it's a fake Selmer because of the 7-digit serial number (which...
  5. Yanagisawa
    Hi guys! I have a question for you all concerning the modell of my Yanagisawa. I just bought it yesterday, and the mechanics are pretty elaborate, so I strongly think it's not a counterfeit, but the SN is throwing me off. Here are some pics and specs for you all. Stencil: Made by Yanagisawa...
  6. Conn
    I have a 555xxx Conn and I'm not finding much info on it anywhere. I searched here and a couple other places. I'd guess it's from 55-56 based on their website, but any idea what it's worth? It has the shooting star engraving on the bell. It's has some oxidization and small dents, but has been in...
  7. Clarinet
    I just had a Bundy contra in for a look-see. Not much wrong with it, so it was mostly fun getting to blow on a contra again! The serial number has me confused, though, it's #3362! *If* the contras are all part of the Bundy numbering system, that would put it before 1905(!), and we all know...
  8. Misc. Saxophone Manufacturers
    Hi All, I'm a newby to the forum. I am reaching out in the hopes that someone here will know what I have.. I purchased a saxophone from a house clearance auction about 8 years ago. I paid not much money for it as it isn't in the best of condition. I have searched and searched the internet for...
  9. Buescher
    I went to get my Aristocrat big B alto put back into playing order and was told that it wasn't even worth repadding much less the two broken springs and a couple of corks. I had been under the impression that Big B's were very desirable horns and worth much more than the $400 he estimated the...
  10. Yanagisawa
    Hello out there! I am about to sell a Yanagisawa soprano that I bought some twenty years ago in a second hand Music shop. I have only used it myself a few times -the clarinet got most of my attention I'm afraid! I took the "Yani" to a friend who runs a musical instruments repairs shop. We both...
  11. Selmer (USA)
    Yesterday I bought a Selmer Bundy II alto sax from Craigslist...$100! Play tested it and it looks and works great, may need some work but nothing extensive:bluewink2: The only thing I'm unsure of is the year it was manufactured; I can't find anything online about these student horns! The serial...
  12. Conn
    Hi. Does anyone know what year this Conn 11M (low A Baritone) with the serial number 131959 was made (and where)? Thanks. for your help.
  13. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    Am selling my MK VI alto and the serial numbers discussed here generally and elsewhere do not seem to be conclusive so i am asking for anyone in the know that might be able to assist. Serial Numbers on my horn appear in 2 locations (1) on the back of the tube below the thumb (opposite side of...
  14. Conn
    I am a noob. Please forgive any mistakes I may make. I am looking at a Conn USA shooting stars on the bell Serial # 11364 for $250.00. I cant find any info on this s# series. Is it worth buying? Good condition normal laquer wear. Just been serviced. No letter prefixes. thanks for the help.
  15. Olds
    I have an Parisian Ambassador alto saxophone that was given to me and was wondering what the age and value are. any info on this particular horn would be useful Thanks
  16. Conn
    Hi all, For a year or two, I own a curved soprano. The engraving reads Rudolph Wurlitzer and the serial number is P3084. It's a low pitch instrument. My research at the www says, it's made by Conn and probably dating back to the 1915-1925 era. I'd like to have some more exact information wrt the...
  17. Tenor mpc
    I saw a reso chamber tenor mouthpiece with no stamping on the shank or serial number. It's not like the lettering is gone, it is as if there was nothing there at all. I can't seem to find any info about otto link making a mouth piece with nothing on the shank. Anyone heard of this or seen this...
  18. Selmer (Paris)
    Just wondering if anyone knows if there is any significance to the serial or other type of number located below the low D hole on these earlier Selmer Super Series horns? I have a 32 tenor with serial number 16XXX and was just curious if there is anything to be learnt from this other number...
1-18 of 34 Results