Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 41 Results
  1. Selmer (Paris)
    Late to the party, but I reviewed the Signature alto a few weeks ago. The Selmer Paris Signature alto sax is a spiritual successor to the venerable Super Action 80 Series II (SA80II) model. Contents 00:00 - Introduction 00:20 - Acknowledgements 01:03 - Selmer Signature introduction 02:02 -...
  2. Bb Bass
    Not a ton of info on these so I made a review. Overall very happy with the instrument.
  3. Websites, Books, Magazines, Photos and other Lit.
    Do you own any of Chad's books?
  4. Misc. Accessories
    Today I am happy to share my review of the famous (meme-worthy, even) product, Key Leaves! Many thanks to Rulon Brown and the Key Leaves company for answering all of my questions and supporting these reviews. If you want to learn more about Key Leaves, be sure to check out the following links...
  5. Alto mpc
    Hi all! I recently had the chance to try a yet-to-be released mouthpiece, the Vandoren Profile AP3. Check out my video review here:
  6. Electronic Equipment
    http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/wireless-systems/airline-atx/airline-awx/ I've been using this live for awhile now, I was previously using the Airline 77 so I'll compare against that. Here's my thoughts: Transmitter unit: Mic quality is very good on this, better than the airline...
  7. Bb Soprano
    I was honored to be interview by fellow soprano saxophonist Sam Newsome. An Interview with Soprano Saxophonist Heath Watts: Life as a Scientist and an Improviser Also, I have a new record on Leo Records with bassist Blue Armstrong called "Bright Yellow With Bass". Here is a sample track from...
  8. Barone
    Hey SOTW, thought I'd take an opportunity to make my first post by reviewing my new Barone classic tenor. This is just an initial impressions review, I'll probably post another one after taking it to a few shows and seeing what it's worth as a professional horn. Aesthetic: 7/10 I opted for the...
  9. Tenor mpc
    I have a couple of very dark playing tenor mouthpieces which I'm quite fond of, but I've been working on some electronic based music for a while, and dark doesn't really cut it. Bad pun intended. I reached out to Joe Giardullo at SopranoPlanet for his two cents. As a reference point, I let him...
  10. Cases
    Hello everyone, I am considering purchasing a protec pro pac alto sax case (the rectangle, not contoured) I searched the internet along with the forum, but could not find much info about them. Does anyone have this case? If so, what do you think. Is 109$ a good price? Is the case durable...
  11. Misc. Accessories
    Ok so I'm probably more like your average saxophone player than the beautiful people Jazz Lab use for their marketing ;) For years I have suffered from problems with different neck straps, even having to stop playing for a few months to allow things to calm down, a bit difficult as a pro player...
  12. YouTube videos
    Other then sax.co.uk..are there any other youtube players do the comparison for different saxophones ?
  13. Bb Soprano
    Hello, I need to know if someone has play the CONSOLAT DE MAR Soprano Saxophone model SS-242-V and what do You think about this instrument. This is their website: http://www.consolatdemar.com/search/category/108 Thanks, Gilberto Perez.
  14. Soprano, Bass and Misc. mpc
    Hi there, Figured I should just give my two cents about this Son of Slant mouthpiece I got about a month ago from Drake. I'm playing a Son of Slant Large Chamber 8 on a Buescher true tone curved soprano with rico plasticover 3 reeds. I recently purchased an old Buescher true tone curved...
  15. Misc. Saxophone Manufacturers
    I was hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on the Allora Paris series tenor saxophones. I have been playing my school borrowed Yamaha YTS-52 for 8 years and love it. I have done it all with the 52. (concert, jazz, solos, theater, marching band) Now that I'm graduating, I want a...
1-15 of 41 Results