Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 42 Results
  1. Pads and Resonators
    I was wondering if anyone has experience with allied supply pads, I’m not able to find much info about them. I see a lot about music medic however. I am having my horn overhauled and want to put on the best quality pads between the two. If anyone has any info I’d greatly appreciate it!
  2. Selmer (Paris)
    Hey everyone, I’m going to have my selmer mark vi soprano (73) overhauled and was wondering which pads I should choose. Ideally I’m looking for pads that will last a very long time. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.
  3. Eb Alto
    Alto Sax Synthetic Re-Pad Job- Neil Slade new Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OBYqjpH-hQ I've used neoprene rubber (handmade) on my Selmer SBA since 1975. Many of the pads have lasted nearly 50 years, and still worked well. However I decided to replace those pads that have...
  4. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Hi, I have a bari sax and the low A, Bb, and B pads all are leaking. All three pads are leaking through the side that is faced towards the body. Every time I level the pad, it seems to be sealing perfectly with no visible leek light passing through. However, after a while when it cools down a...
  5. Pads and Resonators
    Hello everyone, this is my first post here! have a Selmer SA80 Series II tenor and was advised that 5 pads should be replaced by my repair tech today. Eventually I’d like to have all roopads with metal resonators (aiming for a brighter sound) however the existing pads are standard tan ones with...
  6. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    I was given this sax as a gift from a friend many years ago. I've always been intrigued, but haven't been able to find much about it, research wise. I don't expect it to be incredibly valuable, but was wondering what the costs of fixing it up might be and if it might be worth it. Here's the...
  7. Eb Alto
    Hello, I have a buffet crampon that's always flat between half and whole note. I put a light inside of it, and looks like there's a couple of middle pads not sealing, as well as one of the lower ones. Off top of my head, I don't remember specifics. Could this cause it to always be flat as...
  8. Pads and Resonators
    Good morning, group. I would like to know if someone can help me with the size of the pads for the Tenor Selmer Super Balance Action (SBA) 1950. Thanks very much!
  9. Ida Maria GRASSI
    I have picked up a pair (alto and tenor) of vintage Grassi jade roller saxophones and would like to restore them to their original state. Both came with green pads. Any ideas on where I can get these?
  10. Pads and Resonators
    Hey saxo lovers! Here is Pat Luneau from Montréal, Qc. CAN. I'm about to repad a tenor Armstrong ELKHART-IND USA sax (N170XXX) and I'm not quite sure what pad set I should get to fit this horn... I'm presently looking on Musicmedic.com for a set : Replacement Pad sets for Tenor Saxophone...
  11. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Hello, I purchased a new Yamaha alto sax back in about 2017, played it casually at home for about two years, and now haven't touched it in about 15 months due to various distractions. The sax has been in a case the whole time in my basement in a general open area. I have time now to get back...
  12. Eb Alto
    I recently emailed Yamaha Customer Service to inquire about pad sizes for my YAS-21 horn and they emailed me the chart below. I am confused, however, about the pad size that I should select for the pad I need to replace (side C), since there are two sizes listed under YAS-21: 24.3 mm and 24.0...
  13. Bb Tenor
    I've been a vegetarian since 1969 and vegan for the last 3 years now and I don't own leather other than my tenor sax pads. I'd love to become totally leather free. I've seen gold pads mentioned somewhere in the past and was wondering if any of you have any experience with them.
  14. Pads and Resonators
    I'm going to have my Super-20 tenor overhauled soon. What type of pads are considered the best these days? Not interested in saving a few bucks, I want these to last a long time with minimum adjustment. As a starting point, I generally like harder pads and I have reso-tech domed metal...
  15. General Mouthpiece Discussion
    Hi All, I luckily stumbled across a buescher aristocrat from 1935/6 in a music shop (I was looking for a new sax - never considered vintage) and was told this was a 70s student model (they'd misread the serial #!). I was blown away by the tone and ease of this sax :) I got it in the UK but live...
  16. Pads and Resonators
    I just re-glued some pads that fell off my alto. I kept the same pads but used shellac to re-adhere it to the key cups, this was my first time after watching several videos and perusing quite a few forum posts. However, when I started playing my horn today, I noticed the pads were getting soaked...
  17. Pads and Resonators
    Hello, I recently purchased a Buescher Elkhart 30a tenor with serial number 56*** from around the 1920s. The pads are sketchy and need to be replaced. I cannot confirm that they are snap-ons. Can anyone guarantee this before I delve deeper into it? Thanks in advance, Brady
  18. Yamaha
    Does anyone know web shop in EU where I can buy Yamaha saxophone GENUINE pads, rods or other parts. I found it on eBay but they ship only to US. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Tenor-Saxophone-GENUINE-Sax-Key-Pads-set-YTS-52-yts-62-82-25-27-32-475-/111596879728? Regards
  19. Pads and Resonators
    Hi. I'm in a jam (situation, not session unfortunately....) I am in Venezuela for the entire winter, on an island where very little sax-wise or even hardware-wise is available. I keep an old Antigua Winds soprano here to play- my only horn here. It's my "traveling horn". I won't be back for...
  20. Pads and Resonators
    I'm in the process of overhauling a 1937 Conn 6m Naked Lady. I'm trying to decide which pads I want to use on it. I've never worked with rolled tone holds so I'm unsure of what to expect with this. Does anyone have suggestions/advice for my situation? I'm considering roo pads or pads from...
1-20 of 42 Results