Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 215 Results
  1. Selmer (Paris)
    Hello Everyone, I recently purchased a 1957 Selmer Low A Baritone. I suspect the neck with it isn’t original and is a cheap replacement, so I decided to order a new Series III neck since it’s a direct replacement. There were no suppliers in the US that had one in stock, so I came across the...
  2. Buescher
    I own a 1923 True Tone alto. It's an early enough model that it doesn't have the roller g# mechanism, but it also doesn't have any sort of marking on the neck - no numbers or *s anywhere to be found. I have owned other True Tones in the past but I haven't had the chance to play this particular...
  3. Necks
    I recently purchased a BSS heritage neck and brought it to a local tech for fitting. The tenon had to be expanded, but he went too far and then had to wear away some metal on the BSS tenon and my horn’s receiver to get it to go in smoothly. The BSS neck fits well - but I still prefer my...
  4. Necks
    Hey all, I’ve seen multiple threads on here about neck replacements for mark vii tenors, but I play a mark vii alto and I’m curious if anyone here has tried any other necks on theirs and noticed a positive difference. For the most part I like the sound I get out of mine, but I think getting a...
  5. Selmer (Paris)
    Hello I just thought I'd post this for peoples information. I've been playing my Mk7 quite happily until I tried the V1 neck from my Yamaha 82Z Custom! What a difference, it feels more responsive, focussed and with more clarity. I appreciate the difficulty of describing sound, and also how the...
  6. Selmer (Paris)
    Hi! I recently bought a used Selmer SA80 series II alto sax and was told by the seller that the neck that came with the instrument was a series III neck. Since the instrument needed some adjustments, I took it to my technician who said that he doubted that the neck was a series III neck and...
  7. Selmer (Paris)
    Hey everyone, I’ve been looking into purchasing a new neck for my selmer series ii tenor. However, I know how odd the neck is on series ii’s compared to many other horns. (Many the octave key sticks way up on the body, so the receiver is much higher than most necks). Has anyone bought a...
  8. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    Greetings! My first post... I've been playing alto off and on for 35 years - definitely a hobbyist but trying to play more these days... I recently started playing again after 4 or 5 years... I picked up an Antiqua winds alto in really good shape, but I've been having some difficulties...
  9. Eb Alto
    Does anyone know any good neck for Big Bell Stone Series alto?
  10. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    Hello, I'm looking for a replacement neck for my Buescher aristocrat series 3 alto sax. Does a neck from a Buescher 20a will fit and sound the same? If not do you have a suggestion? Thanks!
  11. Tips and Techniques
    Hi All, My current alto set-up is a YAS-475 (which is a killer player- I have owned and sold higher end Yamaha altos) with a Beecher Diamond Inlay S6S. I am though having some problems with intonation. Most of it is manageable, but lower register notes are very flat, and middle E and high C#...
  12. Misc. Accessories
    My old Rico neck strap is getting worn out and I'm looking to get a new one. Just Joe's seems to be a top recommendation around here but I'm not able to try that out where I'm from, so I'm currently looking at a BG Zen or the Protec one with the comfort bar. Does anyone have any experiences with...
  13. Martin
    Hi, I'm new here and have been enjoying reading some of the posts and it sounds like there are some very knowledgable people here. I've got my brother's alto saxophone from when he played in school. It's a 1926 Martin Handcraft, silver. It's been sitting for years. I got it and decided I...
  14. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    just got a new bari and the neck receiver acts like a tuning slide that hasn't been oiled in a decade. should i use slide oil or cork grease or something on the neck end or inside the bari?
  15. Eb Alto
    Hi everyone. Just received this 1971 A5, and I noticed that the neck color is pretty much different from the horn, though, it matches the two-tone color scheme of the horn. Do you think it is original to the horn, or, perhaps, it is from another Yani? That particular octave key design I saw on...
1-15 of 215 Results