Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-14 of 31 Results
  1. Bb Tenor
    Hey guys thankyou so much helping me in the other post on selecting a mpc. Now I want to try Tenor sax. Im between a custom kessler dark lacquer and an aliexpress mark vi copy which looks amazing. These are the two links. Which of the two would last me more in the long run? Thanks in advance...
  2. Kessler Saxophones
    I finally jumped aboard the bari sax train last week when Kessler had a little sale on the Solist model. The price has now risen by $220 back to its customary level (still a great deal), so I'm pleased I acted when I did. I've now received the sax, but haven't played it yet, so this post will be...
  3. Bb Tenor
    I'm gonna try and keep this short. So I have a slight obsession with black lacquered saxophones. So far I have a pretty cheap LA Sax Soprano black with gold keys but it gets the job done, as well as a Selmer SA 80 serie 2 same color. I'm looking for a tenor eventually and wanted to know of the...
  4. Evaluations/Member Transactions/ United States
    I believe that superlative service and sound business practices should be acknowledged and shared. I bought a tenor sax from Kessler & Sons last week. On its seven-day journey to me, the box was obviously dropped on its corner (which I noticed because it was leaking pink peanuts through the...
  5. Misc. Saxophone Manufacturers
    I recently purchased my second Chateau (Tenon Industrial) saxophone from Wichita Band Instruments in Wichita, Kansas. This one is the CSS-80GL straight soprano with two necks and gold lacquer finish. This model was previously designated as the VCH-S830YL2, so it is manufactured at the Crown...
  6. Bb Soprano
    Has anyone ever played this horn? I have found just about zero information about it online outside of retailer websites. I have the opportunity to get my hands on one. I'll probably be able to try it out in a week or so but I'm kind of impatient (haha) and would definitely like to hear some...
  7. Late Bloomers
    Guess what came via UPS today? A brand new Kessler Custom Tenor Sax! I decided that after dipping my toes in the water for a couple of weeks, I'd rather buy my own horn than continue to rent one. I also wanted something that was a step up from a "student horn" that I'd be able to grow with and...
  8. Kessler Saxophones
    Hello Everyone, Many years ago, I was a really good clarinet player and a mediocre alto player. Started off with a borrowed Yamaha 23 and then bought a '34 Conn 6M. I played the Conn for a few years (despite the need for repairs and adjustments and a mouthpiece that matched, neither of which I...
  9. Eb Baritone
    I'm looking for a low a to high f# instrument, and I'vwe bought instruments from Kessler Music before, always successfully. How's the new Baritone? My alternative is a Mauriat 301GL.
  10. Sax vs. Sax, Mpc vs. Mpc, etc.
    So palo claims that his soprano sounds like an exact copy of the yanagisawa if you buy a yani neck to put on it Kessler has a new curved soprano coming out in a couple of months, which I'm guessing will be like the old one he offered, or a similar copy of the yanagisawa curvies Does anyone have...
  11. Kessler Saxophones
    Hey SOTW time for a review! This is a review for the Kessler Custom tenor sax in antique finish $1049 (US dollars) First of all, the pictures: The packaging was great. The sax The sax again Abalone key touches! The case. The white stripes across are not merely decoration. They reflect light...
  12. Sax vs. Sax, Mpc vs. Mpc, etc.
    I'm looking for a good tenor around $1,000… I know the best way to find out is to play them both but im not in a position to do that… What would everybody say the difference is in tone (dark, bright, spread, focused etc) between the two horns?
  13. Kessler Saxophones
    Hey guys, So Ive been looking at the Kessler Deluxe Sax for around a year now... but have yet to pull the trigger. Im a student in high school and really looking for another nice sax to keep at home. (Lugging mine back and forth from school) I play a Yamaha YTS-62ii w/Jody DV and an Otto HR...
  14. Bb Soprano
    I am considering purchasing a soprano and I am at a bit of a crossroads as to what to buy. At the absolute top of my price range is a Phil Barone, but I am also considering a Kessler Custom, or perhaps an Antigua. I know that there are other good sopranos in that price range, but I am at a loss...
1-14 of 31 Results