Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-12 of 35 Results
  1. What to Buy & Why: Saxophones
    Parents have often asked me to recommend a new beginner with a new saxophone with what brand and model. I give them the basic rundown of the pros & cons of various, after trying to find out the reason the student has chosen the sax, what the Parent is willing to invest, and have they discussed...
  2. Jupiter
    Hi dear. I have no information about this product. Is this product bad china?
  3. Jupiter
    I searched here and on Google (hope I did it correctly?) I couldn't find out if this model has a solid silver (sterling?) neck or is it merely plated. I own one and always assumed that it was plated. I keep seeing them for sale second hand and the sellers state (insist) that it is a solid silver...
  4. Jupiter
    Just got one off craigslist for so little it was almost free. Some scratches to the lacquer, but no dings or dents. Plays well with no problems. My other alto is a Japanese-made Vito, a YAS-23 style. I haven't done extensive comparison, but the ergonomics are very similar between the two...
  5. Bb Soprano
    Has anyone ever played this horn? I have found just about zero information about it online outside of retailer websites. I have the opportunity to get my hands on one. I'll probably be able to try it out in a week or so but I'm kind of impatient (haha) and would definitely like to hear some...
  6. Yamaha
    Dear Forum Users, I am switching from an alto to a tenor saxophone (my YAS has already been sold) have the possibility to buy a YTS62 for 1500 EUROS (though I might haggle down a bit) of about 4 years old but in very good condition; and a JTS769 for 800, new (so no haggling). I like to play...
  7. Flute & Piccolo
    It is becoming obvious that an alto flute with a curved head are hard to come by. I have been holding out for either a Jupiter Dimedici, Trevor James, DiZhao, or Pearl. The limited budget for this does not help matters. So there is a Jupiter 519S available, but I do not know anything about the...
  8. Sax vs. Sax, Mpc vs. Mpc, etc.
    Jupiter 747 vs. Yamaha 475 Soprano Sax?? Which one is better? Pros and cons of both, would help.
  9. Eb Alto
    I just recently purchased a Jupiter CES-760 Capital Edition with many accessories including a Yamaha 4c mouthpiece, and e rousseau c4 mouthpiece, a Bari sax mouthpiece (no brand), 2 neck straps, and 6 books for only $300! The saxophone alone could sell for $500 and I received it with accessories...
  10. Other Woodwind Repair, Maintenance & Modification
    Hi, So, previously I felt that Jupiter instruments sounded and felt ok for student instruments and that they weren't a bad option for beginners. I wont be recommending them ever again. The band i teach bought a bunch of them, and some of my students got them, that was 2 weeks ago. Today a...
  11. Bb Tenor
    Hi all, my name is Stephen & I am a long time lurker but first time poster. This may be simple or it may not. I've just started playing again after a 6 year sabbatical & the band I'm playing with are impressed & want me at every gig which is awesome but it does present one problem. My old KHS...
  12. Jupiter
    Hello all, My son's middle school recently purchased a brand new Jupiter Bari Sax. It came with what appeared to be a heavy duty neck strap with a hard plastic clasp. My son had just finished a concert this past Thursday and was walking from the performance with the Bari on it's strap around...
1-12 of 35 Results