Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 500 Results
  1. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    Here's a quick look at the 7 tracks of "A & R", which will be out on all platforms on February 15th. Most of the heavy lifting was done in the past three weeks. This is one of the most inspiring collaborations I've done. There are some guests from Paris and Trinidad on a couple of the tracks, as...
  2. Eb Alto
    I personally think that reeds have a big impact on my sound, or maybe its just placebo. But, I use D'Addario royal 2.5 for brighter classical, vandoren blue box for anything classical, V12 for dark classical, and V16 for jazz. Recently I tried blue box for jazz and it sounded pretty good. What...
  3. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    I've been almost religiously been studying, learning, and practicing jazz and have been playing with friends and members from my section in hs, but no one in my school or close friends, family, etc. are musicians or even like jazz or care about it at all. I'm planning on going to OU and have...
  4. YouTube videos
    This is a live album we just released of Art's quartet in San Diego, with Paul Sundfor, sax, Billy Mintz, drums and Chris Connor, bass. Art's compositions are challenging, but the guys did a good job on these "lost" recordings.
  5. YouTube videos
    I wrote Touch Tones sometime around 1990, and recorded the backing track in 1992 in California with members of Tower Power and Herbie Hancock's Monster Band, but never played the guitar part on it until a few days ago. I asked Alex to help me complete the tune, and doing this finally helped...
  6. YouTube videos
    Good day! I am sorry if this kind of videos is prohibited to post on the forum, but it is related to saxophone. I repeat Joel Frahm's phrase 100 times. The content is more entertaining than educating, but I hope it can be of some use to people. Hope you enjoy it
  7. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    Rewind for the bars (if you're into that sort of thing)
  8. Embouchure & Tone Producing Basics
    Hello everyone. I played saxophone in the middle school band and have recently picked it up again in the past few months. I'm attempting to record using a Blue Yeti, in my untreated bedroom. I understand this will already have a negative effect on the quality, but surely a good saxophone player...
  9. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    This is my take on Charlie Parker's "Confirmation" (I'm the sax player & producer). Curious to hear your thoughts.
  10. Eb Alto
    I've been studying jazz a lot recently but can decide on a set/book of jazz etudes. Anybody know any good places/products to use to find good sets of them? Thanks.
  11. CE Winds Studio Series (professional) tenor sax

https://reverb.com/item/65477441-ce-winds-tenor-sax-studio-series-professional-2010-s-light-rose-brass?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=65477441
  12. General Mouthpiece Discussion
    I'm a middle school band teacher. I'm also a sax player and have knowledge of mouthpieces. I'm toying with the idea of purchasing mouthpieces for my entire jazz ensemble sax section. It would be an investment, as I would purchase around 10. So I need to be wise about it. I think SYOS is the...
  13. Music Venues Around the World
    Probably every jazz saxophonist on the site here has played music written by or arranged by Bill Holman. Bill is now in his 90s and the Los Angeles Jazz Institute is hosting a festival near LAX airport October 20-23. Four days of Holman's music for various groups as well as films, discussions...
  14. High School and College
    Hi, I'm a junior in high school and I tried out for jazz ensemble in sophomore year but two people better than me had already had those spots pretty much "reserved" since they were older and better than me. I filled in for a winter concert where I had to practice 6 days a week to catch up with...
  15. Jazz and Improvisation
    Hi Guys, Looking for a little help. I've been taught to improvise using modes. This works a lot of the time, but I realize that sometimes it is easier to use key centres and think of changes in terms of what scale I can use given the sharps/ flats of the chord tones. My question is, in the...
  16. Sheet Music & Transcriptions
    Great solo! The whole album (Mulgrew Miller - Wingspan) is great as well.
  17. YouTube videos
    (39) Lo-Fi Dreaming - YouTube Also available on iTunes, Spotify, etc. under the album name Hindsight by Major Minor. Released Jan 2022.
1-18 of 500 Results