Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 59 Results
  1. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    Here's a quick look at the 7 tracks of "A & R", which will be out on all platforms on February 15th. Most of the heavy lifting was done in the past three weeks. This is one of the most inspiring collaborations I've done. There are some guests from Paris and Trinidad on a couple of the tracks, as...
  2. Tone Producing & Embouchure
    What can I do to make my tone brighter? I recently bought a JodyJazz Jet mouthpiece so I could get more of a funk or rock sound but I'm still not completely satisfied with my tone. Any suggestions? (I used to play on a Yamaha 5C and use Select Jazz 2H reeds)
  3. Sheet Music & Transcriptions
    Hope everyone is doing well. Here is our new arrangement: Elephant Island for saxophone Eb,Bb and C instruments. Level: Early Intermediate/Intermediate Purchase PDF + backing track: https://jazzsaxophonelessons.com/product/elephantisland/
  4. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    i listened to this awesome player. I have the impression that the mouthpiece is a theo wanne. For the neck, i don't have a clue. can anybody identify this setup pls? thanks Luc
  5. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    Funky Thursday ❤🎶🎷 have a nice day everyone
  6. YouTube videos
    Hey all! Thought I'd share a new track that me and my section (Triple H Horns) recorded with bassist Melvin Lee Davis (Lee Ritenour / Chaka Khan), Oscar Seaton and Jeese Milliner. It's a pretty hip track so some of you here may appreciate and enjoy it! I recorded on my Yamaha Atelier YTS - 82Z...
  7. YouTube videos
    What's up, SOTW! Here are a couple new-ish videos from my jazz-funk fusion band, Progger. These are from a show we did earlier this year at our home base, One2One Bar in Austin, TX. We had a couple great guests filling in on this one, brothers Charles Reid (drums) and Zach Reid (keys), who are...
  8. The Band
    Hey everyone! I did a little promo video for my friend Dom Palombi and his band. I've posted a bunch of videos of me playing in his band before and wanted to film this introduction for him to explain to people what his band is about. If you could check it out and let me know what you think...
  9. Announcements and Bulletin Board
    Hey SOTW crew! Many of you have been insanely supportive of my jazz/funk group, Progger, over the last few years, and I can't tell ya how much I appreciate it. We just put up a new video today, and preorders for our fourth album are live, as well! The video is for a tune called "Housewives" that...
  10. Tenor mpc
    Hi, I played a Dukoff till it was really old and I sold it. It was an amazing mpc. Later I played a metal Berg Larsen Duckbill but I had entonation issues with my Yanagisawa 991 and I sold it. Later I owned a Law Buzzer with I liked very much but I dropped it accidentally to the floor and it...
  11. Announcements and Bulletin Board
    Hey gang! My funk-fusion band, Progger, is about to hit the road for some dates in Texas, Colorado, and my home state of New Mexico. Come on out and say hi if you're in the neighborhood! Here are the dates: 5/22: Dallas, TX (Sundown @ Granada, with the Funky Knuckles, who are amazing) 5/24...
  12. Announcements and Bulletin Board
    Hey SOTW! Thought I'd give a little plug and invitation here for a show coming up on February 18 that I'm rather excited about. My good friends The Funky Knuckles, who happen to also be one of my very favorite bands of all time, are coming up to New York from Dallas and they're playing with us...
  13. Announcements and Bulletin Board
    Hey gang! I'll be taking my band out for a short tour of the US northeast, midwest, and a couple beautiful Canadian cities. I'd love to hang with some fellow saxophiles on the road, so give me a holler if you're in any of these cities: June 27: Burlington, VT (Radio Bean) June 29: Montreal, QC...
  14. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    Hey SOTW! The newest video from my band, Progger, just went live. Check it out if you need some new funk-jazz-soul-hip-hop-drum-and-bass in your life. It's got both old-school Texas crew and newer NYC crew on board for the first time, and I'm really happy with how all the sounds came out! And...
  15. Announcements and Bulletin Board
    Hey, SOTW! This whole community has always been a serious bed of support for pretty much every project I've ever put together, which makes me feel incredibly happy and grateful. Today marks the release of my band Progger's third album, "Scattering," which is our first as a member of Ropeadope...
  16. Announcements and Bulletin Board
    Hello, glorious SOTW Canadians! I'm going to have the distinguished pleasure of bringing my funk-jazz-fusion squad, Progger, to the wonderful Rex Hotel in Toronto for two nights, June 30 and July 1 of this year. I would very much like to perform for other wonderful Canadian burgs, too: Montreal...
  17. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    What's up, SOTW community! Got the third and final video of the series all done, I hope you dig it. This is definitely the most "jazzy" of all the tunes we've been putting out lately, but Carter (guitar) and Sean (keys) play some really beautiful stuff. Primarily I just hope you enjoy the tune...
  18. Alto mpc
    Choose between the Beechler Bellite or the Beechler ARB. Comment below why one piece is better than the other, or the genres that they were built for.
1-20 of 59 Results