Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 351 Results
  1. Conn
    I've been looking around for vintage Conn tenor saxes and came across a 60s "L Series". I've never heard of this model but it looks exactly like a late 10M to me. I tried searching it up and got nothing. Are L Series and 10Ms just the same thing? If not, what's the difference? (The horn is...
  2. Bb Tenor
    Not another senior moment I swear! I figured I should just make a new thread for this but when I push my mouthpiece in around where the past owner played, the intonation is great, but only at 452.5! When I pull it out to around where my thumbnail is it, it played fine in 440, but feels like...
  3. Eb Alto
    I have a very old saxophone from the 1920s that I want to try a DIY overhaul on (replace pads, clean). Nothing fancy, just get it to a playing condition. People on a previous post I made helped me identify it as a Pan American by Conn. Some pictures are attached. Could anyone help me assemble a...
  4. Tenor mpc
    Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. I am looking for a new mouthpiece for my Conn New Wonder II tenor, and was hoping for suggestions. I love my vintage conns to death, but I tend to prefer a much brighter tone than most of mouthpieces that work well with the horn provide. Most mouthpieces...
  5. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    I found a used Conn Shooting Star for around $550. Not sure if I should get it or not because I don't know much about the sax. I've heard it's an 'ideal student saxophone' but I'm sure there are plenty of other good saxophone for that price. Second option is a Jean Paul.
  6. Conn
    I was wondering if anyone new any techs who will repair rolled toneholes. If I remember correctly the method for repairing the keilwerth horns is a new ring. Any insight into repairing this or tech reccomendations would be great.
  7. Conn
    Today I finally got my hands on a saxophone that was played and loved by my great grandfather, who unfortunately cannot continue to play at his current age. I'm looking to properly identify this instrument so I can take it somewhere to get repaired. From what I've gathered through searches it is...
  8. Conn
    Lately I've been swapping between my 10ms more and more and I've began to notice just how different the brass reacts on each horn. I would say that I don't have very acidic sweat, my horns rarely have verdigris or any serious oxidation. The three horns in particular are from 1936, 1951, and...
  9. Conn
    I am currently looking for a Tenor saxophone and found this in the marketplace for 300$ Seller says its a Conn but unsure what model it is. It has the serial number 539019. It also comes with a metal Selmer Jazz E mpc and two legere reeds. If I had to guess, it could be a 10m or a New Wonder...
  10. Conn
    I have been gifted a “Shooting Stars” alto S/N N 37860 and marked Mexico. I assume that it dates to the early 70s. The horn has no nickel plating, the finish is all lacquered brass. Every picture of a 14M that I can find has nickel plated keys-is this a 14M or something else? I know it is...
  11. C Melody Soprano, Contralto & Tenor
    Alright, so my grandma just purchased this Conn C Melody saxophone for $40 USD from her neighbor and she brought it to me today thinking that it might be a fun thing for me to take apart and mess with. After seeing it was a C Melody I got pretty excited, and part of me wants to get it back into...
  12. Conn
    Hello, I am here to ask for some help with getting more information on this saxophone. What I do know is that it is from 1927 and that the micro tuner was taken off. I think it might’ve been relacquered at some point because you can barely see the engravings anymore. I also think that the case...
  13. Conn
    Hi there. I have a sax and I'm not sure what the worth of it is as I'm trying to sell it It's a 16M Conn Tenor Sax that is Silver Plated and serial number is 697XXX So I believe it's made in the early 60s. And is made in the USA Still works great with just some dents and whatnot on the...
  14. Conn
    This is a long shot, but I'm looking for a specific neck for my horn. I own either a prototype or later 10m that was experimented on prior to the Elkhart factory closing. When I received the horn it came with no neck; thus my search for the original one. The horn is bare brass with no signs of...
  15. Conn
    What a difference a great setup makes. My wife's Christmas gift to me was a complete mechanical overhaul and repad from Aaron Barnard. Aaron was kind enough to give me a custom L thumb rest and a fantastic strap hook ring adapter (The sax hangs perfectly natural for me now) This is, quite...
1-15 of 351 Results