Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 28 Results
  1. Misc. Accessories
    I was looking for a less pricey version of the tenor sax swabs offered by Better Sax (Sorry Jay) and found vientosbambu site. I live in Canada and the stores here don't seem to have Bambu in stock. I clicked on the online store, Cissus Winds. In addition to having the best price I've found, they...
  2. Eb Baritone
    Relatively new to my beri, how is best to clean it?
  3. Miscellaneous
    Hi guys! This has probably been asked a few times but I can’t find any info on it online except for Amazon ads. I got my tenor as a gift and it came without a swab or cork grease or any care items. I can’t afford a proper sax care kit at the moment due to difficult financial circumstances and...
  4. Eb Alto
    I am getting a brand new unlaquered saxophone, I want to keep it looking relatively nice as it develops a patina but I do not want to use anything that will damage it. I was planning on using a microfiber cloth I have at home (the kind you would use to clean a car) but I wanted to make sure it...
  5. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    Greetings, O Fonts of Wisdom! I have a couple of Conn altos with the double-socket neck design (6M, 26M, 28M). Cleaning the tenon (the part on the body of the sax) is easy enough, but what's the best way to clean the joint area on the neck?
  6. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Hey everybody. I recently acquired a Holton Collegiate alto from the good old eBay and guess what: It's disgustingly filthy and musty. I haven't found a good consensus on how to clean an old lacquer horn, so I was hoping for some advice. After taking off the keys and removing the pads (they're...
  7. Cases
    I've got a silver BAM case that seems to scratch if I look at it wrong. I've tried getting the scratches out with their recommended car paint scratch compound idea, and it's not working. Anyone else have a solution? Thanks so much! Best, Max
  8. Sax Body and Finish
    Hey ya'll - Thanks in advance for the responses. I've got a silver plated Mark VI tenor that I'd like to polish up. I was planning to take the time and do it on my own. I realize in doing that, I may not be able to reach all of the hard to reach spots and I'm not comfortable taking it apart...
  9. Bb Tenor
    Hey Guys, It's been a while since I've been active on here but I'm happy to be back. I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've got a beautiful Mark VI Silver Plated 93,XXX serial number. It's my baby. This year I was away from my horn most of the year and when I opened her back up I noticed a...
  10. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    Hi guys, Haven't played my alto for about 3 years and upon re-kindling my love for jazz recently, I felt compelled to go get my sax which I used to play constantly up until a few years ago. My house I moved into has a really bad problem with damp and I saw my case had a bit of mould, got the...
  11. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    As an alto sax player, I have been practicing regularly 2 - 4 hours a day. My sax is increasingly smelly in the mouth piece and neck even after I wash it daily. I'm now using Listerene to fix the smell, but it still stays there. What is the best solution to solve this?
  12. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Just wanted to share my enthusiasm on a cleaning session. I have this 1927 Buescher Truetone alto for 6 years now and often cleaned it with a very mild shampoo. But now I used a metal polish that didn't leave any dirt or residue on the sax. It was very easy to wipe off the 86 years of dirt (yes...
  13. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    I know the whole idea to buy a unlaquered sax is the cool patina look that it eventually gets but the greenish blotches arent' the part I like to keep. So i tried a little Brasso with paper towel and rubbed out some of the main areas on the bell just to see how it would clean. Posting a few pics...
  14. Sax Body and Finish
    I just bought an old Buescher tenor, and it plays fantastic, but is really dirty. Like after playing, my hands are too dirty to go do something else and I have to wash them. How should I go about cleaning the outside? Should I take a damp cloth or something and wipe it down? Does it matter if...
  15. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Good afternoon everyone. This is my second post on the forum ~ joined yesterday. My son is beginning band this fall and he has fallen in love with the sax. After lots of research we decided to purchase a vintage model instead of renting or buying a used newer model. Today my husband...
  16. Cannonball
    Hello fellow members, how would you guys go about cleaning a Brute Tenor? Is there a certian thing i need to clean it? Anything i should avoid? Any suggestions will help! Thanks! GBrute.
  17. Sax Lifestyle & Sax Related Health Problems
    Hi guys, It's that time of year where nearly everyone I know has go a cold, myself included :|, and so I thought I'd post a quick question. Once you've got over a cold or an infection or something similar, how do you go about 'cleaning' your horn to stop getting reinfected? I always give my...
  18. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Y'know, I'm always afraid to pass on my little overhaul tricks because there are always a few folks out there in forum land who reprimand, " Good Lord, no! You should NEVER do it like that because..." But, throwing caution to the wind, here's something I do to clean those little nooks and...
  19. Clarinet
    Hi folks, I just bought a great used clarinet (hard rubber - not wood). It appeared to have been wonderfully restored with new cork and pads. When it arrived today, I had to step back after I opened the box (yes the outer box) because of the strong odor of some sort of solvent. When I removed...
1-19 of 28 Results