Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-6 of 112 Results
  1. General Mouthpiece Discussion
    I’m asking the mouthpiece makers / refacers on this forum about If there is any way or signs that to look for on Vintage mouthpiece to determine if they have been modified or Original? And to find out what changes have been made to the mouthpiece. I also have an example of my own, which I’m...
  2. Baritone mpc
    Hello, I recently acquired a brilhart level air baritone mouthpiece, made in 1977. The box says it’s a 7, however there is a 5 next to the 6 digit serial number so I assume it’s actually a 5. Would anyone have an idea of what the tip opening would be? Unfortunately I don’t have a gauge to...
  3. Alto mpc
    I have always wanted to try Ebolin or Tonalin, but now no one seems to have them in stock. Dr. Wally Wallace of Saxophone Academy recommended either of these as the best alto mouthpiece under $50, IIRC, around a year ago. What has happened to these iconic Brilharts? Are they no longer in...
  4. Tenor mpc
    I'm retired and started taking Sax lessons a couple of years ago for fun. I bought a used Yamaha tenor sax student model and recently discovered that rather than the standard Yamaha 4C mouthpiece, mine came with a Brilhart Ebolin, which also says Special directly below Brilhart. I never...
  5. Baritone mpc
    I've got a Brilhart which appears to be like new - it says "Designed by Arnold Brilhart" and looks like a Level Air, but does not say "Level Air." The SN is 933x. What model might this be? At 4* it's probably not valuable, but I'd like to know. Thanks!
  6. General Mouthpiece Discussion
    Hi everyone, so I recently found this old brilhart ebolin streamline mouthpiece serial #5135 in an old mouthpiece drawer and I'm trying to figure out if the ligature is an actual brilhart ligature too. It seems to match the mouthpiece (because streamlines are thinner mouthpieces) but i can't...
1-6 of 112 Results