Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-5 of 72 Results
  1. Tenor mpc
    Well I finally have the time to sit down and review this piece as I promised I would. Seeing that Phil was closing down his metal mouthpiece line, I decided to get one fast because this guy has some deep level knowledge on acoustics and mouthpiece design. A Barone mouthpiece is always...
  2. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Gentlemen of SOTW, I recently purchased my new Barone Classic Tenor a few months ago as a back up horn for gigging. When I first got the horn i noticed that it played incredibly out of tune, on the order of 30-40c sharp The only way to remedy that it was to either pull the mouthpiece out so far...
  3. Baritone mpc
    I would value your opinions on good (under $300) hard rubber mouthpieces suitable for playing bari in a big band? Since I started playing with a big band a couple of months ago, I have been playing on my classical setup, but I really need to get a more appropriate mouthpiece for this band to...
  4. Barone
    Hey SOTW, thought I'd take an opportunity to make my first post by reviewing my new Barone classic tenor. This is just an initial impressions review, I'll probably post another one after taking it to a few shows and seeing what it's worth as a professional horn. Aesthetic: 7/10 I opted for the...
  5. Barone
    I've heard good things about these horns but sometimes it's hard to tell if a horn is considered a great horn because of how cheap it is or if it would be considered a great horn regardless of price. What are your opinions on this in regards to Barone horns?
1-5 of 72 Results