Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-9 of 131 Results
  1. Alto mpc
    Hi all I chipped my Yamaha 4c mouthpiece that I got with my recently new Yamaha Yas-480 alto. I know it is just the cheap mouthpiece they put with the sax but I want to know how much a chip like it has will affect my playing. It doesnt seem to affect the playing but let let me know what you...
  2. Alto mpc
    For years the only alto mpc I played regularly was my old Selmer Super Session D. It's a truly great piece. But I have others that I've bought over the years just because they were there (LOL) and now that I'm back into playing alto a lot I have started playing them interchangeably with the SS...
  3. Oleg Products, Inc.
    Tobias Schönauer, saxophone artist from Bavaria, Germany talks about his new Oleg Contempo Alto Sax Mouthpiece and Olegature (ligature). Learn More about the Oleg Contempo Mouthpieces: https://olegproducts.com/saxophone-mouthpieces/
  4. General Mouthpiece Discussion
    Yesterday I had a revelation. I’ve been frustrated for a while about my soprano mouthpiece(s). Yesterday I suddenly remembered that I also have an Otto Link TM (6*) that I had considered too steep for me for now. I put it on the soprano and it played like a dream compared to my other mp’s. I...
  5. Alto mpc
    I'm playing a hard rubber Meyer 5 on lead alto in my 8-member swing band. I like warmth in my tone, but I can't compete with the brass, or even the tenor player who is using a metal mpc. Is there a mouthpiece that might help me get louder without losing the warmth? I wondered if a metal mpc...
  6. Alto mpc
    I"ve been playing alto for about five years, and I was looking for a jazz mouthpiece recently this past summer. I picked up the Meyer 5M, and I really am not liking its sound. So I was doing some mouthpiece shopping, and I found the Rico Metalite. Does anyone know anything about this...
  7. What to Buy & Why: Mouthpieces
    Hi there, Has anyone tried Ted's model alto mouthpiece? Apparently it came out a few months ago. Perhaps it is the refinement to the classic alto mouthpiece model. Ted mentioned that the new model (Ted Klum Model Alto) has a more consistent baffle compared to Classic Alto Mouthpiece. It is made...
  8. Alto mpc
    Hi there, I asked this from MojoBari as a reply to his comment but I thought I make it a separate entry since MojoBari may not be available to answer that. I was trying to find out Alto sax S80 C* mpc chamber size. Is it large chamber, Medium, or Small? I thought focus is one of the...
  9. Alto mpc
    Hey Sax-crew, :mrgreen: I'm wondering if anyone can help me to find out what mouthpiece is this guy playing, his sound is amazing. Here are some photos: Thanks!:bluewink:
1-9 of 131 Results