Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 104 Results
  1. Bb Tenor
    Just got her a few days ago and I gotta say I think I’ve already fallen in love haha. I’m new to tenor so it was really tough deciding between a fair amount of vintage saxes, but this Conn won me over against much much more expensive Selmers. Plus my grandpa played a Conn way back in the good...
  2. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    Has anyone have had similar experience with small dents around the area where the deflector was attached. I do set it down on a hercules stand, so I'm suspecting the pressure from the stand pressing against the deflector attachment is causing the issue. The only solution I can think of is, I...
  3. Tenor mpc
    OK, I'm that nerd who dropped $2k on six mouthpieces on eBay over the past 45 days because I never was satisfied with the one I used for two decades and never had the money to do a real mouthpiece search before. Now I'm going to sell probably five mouthpieces, two or three of which are Berg...
  4. What to Buy & Why: Mouthpieces
    Hello Everyone, I am a professional woodwind player with 30 years of experience and a lot of equipment (saxophones, mouthpieces etc.). I would like to ask if anyone of you tried "Better Sax" mouthpieces already. They've been just recently added to Thomann.de website here in Germany, where I...
  5. General Discussion
    There is a very good music school i want to get into this year, so i want to make progress as fast as possible (I’m a complete beginner). The only requirements to get into the school is good control of the instrument (tone and such) and an ability to improvise. I have a musical background (i...
  6. Eb Alto
    So I've been playing in HS since 4th grade and am possible going to get an upgrade from my bundy ii this april. I've got my heart set on the JeanPaul AS400, which seems to be a phenomenal intermediate horn, especially at the pricepoint. That comes with everything I would, but eventually I'd like...
  7. Eb Alto
    I can hit an above the staff F (F6) with good tonality with little to no difficulty but for some reason, my F# (F#6) key doesn't work. and I have no clue why. It has no change in pitch or difficulty. and the key works as far as I can tell. I use a 4- 4.5 reed on a Yamaha any advice/ fixes?
  8. Altissimo and Multiphonics
    I've been practicing overtones a lot because I really want to be able to enter the Altissimo range. I recently moved up from a 3 to a 3+ (in between 3 and 3.5) in reed strength because I didn't want to make such a big change so fast, and now it's hard for me to hit the overtones I was able to...
  9. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Hi all. I have been interested for quite some time in teaching myself to repair and service Saxes and recently bought a an old Silver Plated Kohlert VKS Tenor Sax which seemed to be an ideal choice to learn on as my local repairer said it would cost about twice as much to overhaul as it would...
  10. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    Hi, maybe this is something other sax players have encountered whilst learning to play so I thought I'd post. I'm a beginner learning since last September so about 7 months, before I began learning I didn't have a musical bone in my body and learning sax is my first instrument. I have a really...
  11. Bb Soprano
    i have an LA sax soprano it’s over 15 years old now and needs some repairs. My guy said rough estimate will be around $100. I really want a pro soprano but was wondering how bad is my current one. can anyone Tell me anything good or bad about LA sax straight sopranos at all. I looked and...
  12. Tone Producing & Embouchure
    It seems there is a shift happening with my tonal perspective on my tenor saxophone. I feel my tone has lost some of its lushness. Could the sax body (pad issue, alignment issue, etc.) cause tone change? Or could it be my ears (early stage of Hyperacusis or Tinnitus)!? Although when my repairman...
  13. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    So I bought a YAS 61 alto sax in 1975, haven't played it for a very long time, took pictures to sell it and 2 key buttons are missing. How the heck does that happen? I should have it overhauled but prefer to discount to a new owner so they can overhaul. I am open to any comments or advice...
  14. Sopranino and Higher
    I've become interested in buying a sopranino sax, and want to purchase a Selmer clone. I know both Kessler and Allora have discontinued their sopraninos. The only sopranino I've heard much about is the R&H Sax Sopranino, the SNS-730L at http://www.raresaxs.com/, but that appears to be a yani...
  15. What to Buy & Why: Saxophones
    hi all i have a conn chuberry alto and looking to peak in to tenor land. what would you suggest to get from similarly vintage instruments? (that does not require a bank heist) im still a beginner, based in EU :)
1-15 of 104 Results