Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 281 Results
  1. Bb Tenor
    Hi folks! I am a busy show player and as I've started to get a lot more Oboe & English Horn work, I have found the need to have my own tenor saxophone available. I have a Yani curved soprano and an ancient (well-loved) Yani alto, so I would like to stick to the brand if possible (but that's not...
  2. What to Buy & Why: Mouthpieces
    I got a Yani Metal 7 for soprano, I find it's a wonderful mouthpiece, just not so sure about how well it would work with a big band as lead soprano, as I heard it was somewhat bright. Anyone who has experience with this piece feel free to comment.
  3. Ligatures
    Recommended Ligature for Yanagisawa Metal MP [Soprano saxophone] ? I find that the metal mouthpiece is thinner than the rubber ones. Currently, I'm using the ligature that came with the mouthpiece Thanks ! Appreciate it
  4. Alto mpc
    - I currently use Yanagisawa Metal 7 for soprano saxophone (the spec says Opening: 1.52 mm) - I recently tried to use Yamaha 4C for alto saxophone. But I immediately couldn't use as the opening seemed too narrow Any recommended mouthpieces? Is Yanagisawa Metal 7 for alto the same opening and...
  5. Eb Alto
    Hi there, i recently came across an opportunity to purchase a few classic yani models. Since im fairly new to the brand, hope you experts here could help me with some clarification questions below: I was told by the seller that 991 is mapped to WO10 and 992 is mapped to WO20, is this true? if...
  6. Bb Soprano
    Hi team! Hope you are all well. This is Howard from Down Under again. I leant to play saxophone with a YAMAHA YAS 475 more than 20 years ago (I would say I am just better than a beginner lol) So now I have the opportunity to purchase a soprano saxophone. One is Yanagisawa SC900 curved...
  7. Bb Soprano
    Hi team hope you are well. I am thinking of buying a second hand Yanagisawa Curved Soprano. The serial number is 00213848. And I cant really find much info online to identify this model... Any clue will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance Howard from down under
  8. Cases
    Hi, Happy owner of a yanisagawa tenor TWO1 since yesterday :-) , I' d like to know if other players of similar sax: -are using the original case ? -are using other cases, if yes, which ones ? My use is to basically to carry it around for gigs, walking or public transport, by car( often packed...
  9. Misc. Saxophone Discussion
    Hi everybody, Here is another onehanded alto I made. Or rather rebuilt from a Yanagisawa. Lots of details in the youtube movie. youtube movie Oscar
  10. Eb Alto
    Has anyone come across an alto with "Severin" on the bell, and the Yanigasawa symbol on the neck, joist between body and bell, and on the back of the body? It has a six digit serial number, I believe starting with 771. Help please?
  11. What to Buy & Why: Saxophones
    Hello All, I'm interested in getting opinions on curved sopranos. I currently have the ability to get a new P. Mauriat 2400 curved for around $2k shipped to the US and was wondering if it was a good buy. I've been out of the saxophone market for many years. I just purchased an Ishimori Alto not...
  12. Bb Tenor
    Hello everybody, I'm interested to start playing tenor eventually, but before I buy something I like to watch all content I can find, and then of course try it in person 😌 My 2 tenor of choice are the Selmer reference 36 and the Yanagisawa Two20u. But it seems like Yanis are more than difficult...
  13. Yanagisawa
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows where I might source a part for my dad's tenor. Its a 1990's T-900 (or similar) He is missing the black plastic bridge which held rods down. (pic from web below) Failing any leads on parts, if anyone would be prepared to take measurements and the screw...
  14. Eb Alto
    Hi! I have one old Yanagisawa "Martin" alto saxophone. Someone said me that It's A800 model. I would like to know some information and approximate price for this saxophone as I want to sell it. Thank you
  15. Misc. Accessories
    Hi, I am struggling finding a lyre holding screw to fit my Vito Yanagisawa Baritone. Will a Yamaha screw do the job? If anyone's any info, I will be grateful! Cheers,
1-15 of 281 Results