Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-6 of 83 Results
  1. Martin
    Hey guys, I just picked up a 1938 Handcraft Standard serial#131XXX that I am trying to turn around and resell. I was wondering if anyone had more info on this period of horn as the history seems a bit foggy. Is it a handcraft? handcraft committee? handcraft/comm II hybrid? Any info would be...
  2. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    Testing The Martin Committee III ¨Milano¨. by John Lewis
  3. Practicing
    Yo so I recently bought my first horn - a Martin Magna Tenor. I've had it overhauled and repadded so it's in top playing condition. Now I've gotta learn to play the thing. So far I've learnt to play the C Major scale and that's it. I already play guitar, bass drums and keys so I've got some...
  4. Necks
    Okay so I've been looking for a Martin Tenor neck for a while now and it's not that easy to find one. I have my original serial number matching neck but I'd like to experiment with pickup mic (in mix with basic bell micing technique) and don't want to adjust an original neck in any way. I know...
  5. Martin
    A non-sax player friend recently came across a Martin tenor #195,xxx for $400 at a yard sale. She bought it, than had an accident at work and wants to sell to pay some medical bills. It seems very mint to me. 90 percent lacquer, no creasing, 1 very small dent in the bell, original case also in...
  6. Sax vs. Sax, Mpc vs. Mpc, etc.
    Hi all, I have a gleaming, shiny Yana 901. When I play it I really have to pump some air through it to get it to sound ok. Palm key notes are a real problem: I have to ready my self when I move from low to high and vocalise quickly, otherwise the sound comes out low or just plain bad. Here's...
1-6 of 83 Results