Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-14 of 173 Results
  1. Eb Baritone
    I mainly play alto and tenor, but whenever im playing bari and i need to play low notes like low C, low B and low Bb quiet for a piece i'm doing (usually quartet) I cant get them out quiet with a good sound and i'm usually louder than the sop alto and tenor every time. What are some tips for...
  2. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    Hello! Recently I've joined a band and wanted to make sure my sax is in tip top shape with everything it would need to play in said band, but while trying to make a low A extension that I've been meaning to make for a while, I've realized that, while I can play Bb just fine, as soon as I stick...
  3. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    A little ballad for today...Have a great week everyone.
  4. Jazz and Improvisation
    Hi, I want to share this cool way of transposing melodies connecting them with a "pivot note", that act as a "lego block" between the two keys. Hope you enjoy the video, if you have any suggestion post your comment. Turn on english subs in the menu.
  5. Multi Sax!
    Hey y'all! I'm primarily a baritone sax player and I've been using the Kessler Solist custom bari and it's been great (I highly recommend using it by the way)! I've recently been learning about doubling. I do know that sax players usually double on other woodwinds such as flute or clarinet, and...
  6. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    Have a great week everyone...
  7. Jazz and Improvisation
    Hello this is a great phrase by Gerry Mulligan. It is simple, but very tasty and effective. He combined the pentatonic scale with approach notes. I made a transcription and analysis. If you like my vlog you can support my youtube channel subscribing to it. One video every week Hope you enjoy and...
  8. Eb Baritone
    Contrary to my username, I play bari sax. I started after making this account. Anyway, I’m 5’1 (5’3 in my good boots) and I’m going to march bari. I ordered a Neo tech sling that goes over my shoulder, I think that’s going to help. I’m going to be the only Bari marching, and we’re going to a...
  9. EM Winston
    Hey everybody, thank you for taking the time to talk to me about my baritone saxophone. I have had my E.M. Boston Winston Pro1 Baritone Saxophone for a while now and have loved every second of it. It has great tone and everything you look for in a bari sax, although it's on the heavier side. I...
  10. Classical Saxophone
    Hey all, I wanted to share this recording from the premiere performance of my Concerto for Baritone Saxophone, performed last year by Taylor Huitema and Zhao Wang at Central Michigan University. There are versions of the concerto with either piano or string orchestra accompaniment. More...
  11. SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews
    ¨When I Fall in Love¨ ....have a great week to everyone ❤🎷🎶❤🎷🎶❤🎷🎶
  12. YouTube videos
    Hello everyone, this is "I mean you" with my trio with Pietro Ciancaglini on bass and Andrea Nunzi on drums. I love playing Monk's music, especially with a pianoless trio. The camera position is a bit odd i know, haha!
1-14 of 173 Results