Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-10 of 28 Results
  1. Antigua Winds
    Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I am trying to sell my Antigua alto for money to put towards a better tenor than my $200 Cecilio. I wanted to find out the model to know what it's worth but I cannot find anything on this forum or anywhere else pertaining to the serial of my sax. The...
  2. Pads and Resonators
    Hi. I'm in a jam (situation, not session unfortunately....) I am in Venezuela for the entire winter, on an island where very little sax-wise or even hardware-wise is available. I keep an old Antigua Winds soprano here to play- my only horn here. It's my "traveling horn". I won't be back for...
  3. Necks
    I recently picked up an Antigua Winds student model alto from CL that is missing its neck. I don't have a lot of money into the horn, which seems to be in pretty good shape, although I can't really play it. I figured I could find or fabricate a replacement neck for it. That turns out to be more...
  4. Bb Soprano
    Hi there, Based on SOTW earlier enquiries, I narrowed down my low budget decent soprano sax future upgrade to a modern design alternative to a) Antigua and b) Bauhaus Walstein. I'm currently playing a curved Wurlitzer vintage soprano saxophone and I really like the tone but it has limitations...
  5. Sax vs. Sax, Mpc vs. Mpc, etc.
    Hi all Firstly, I would like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to make this forum such an invaluable resource! I am interested in getting back into playing the saxophone after about an 8 year break (since leaving high school). Up until that point I had played for about 6 years...
  6. Bb Soprano
    I am considering purchasing a soprano and I am at a bit of a crossroads as to what to buy. At the absolute top of my price range is a Phil Barone, but I am also considering a Kessler Custom, or perhaps an Antigua. I know that there are other good sopranos in that price range, but I am at a loss...
  7. Antigua Winds
    Supposedly, it's a copy of the Yani 992. I know the 992 is a phenomenal soprano, so I'm wondering if the Antigua can live up to the expectations. Does anyone have any experience with these horns, and if so, were your experiences great/horrible? These horns fit well in my price range, so I...
  8. Sax vs. Sax, Mpc vs. Mpc, etc.
    I currently use a Selmer AS210 Alto but have been offered a fairly good deal, only $1800 for an Antigua ProOne Alto. I am wondering if it is significantly better than my Selmer to be worth purchasing. I played it and thought it sounded great, better than my Selmer, but I'm not sure how much of...
  9. Amati
    Does anyone know the difference between these two saxes? I saw them at wwbw at the exact same price and they look relatively similar. I was also wondering if these saxes were any good and if possible better or worse than an Antigua Winds pro level tenor. Thanks!
  10. Sax vs. Sax, Mpc vs. Mpc, etc.
    A new Antigua 586 would cost about $900 (postpaid, including a new mouthpiece). There is a used Jupiter 547 that would cost $400. I want something to learn on and to be able to keep for a couple of years. Can you tell me if the Antigua is worth the extra cost, and if there are any important...
1-10 of 28 Results