Sax on the Web Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-12 of 32 Results
  1. Eb Alto
    Hi All! I've been playing sax for about 12 years now and am quite serious about it, especially with doing more gigs now. I've been playing a Yamaha 475 alto (made in Japan) and it is great. I've tried many pro horns and never felt that there is a need to upgrade. However (If it's not sold...
  2. Yamaha
    Hi everyone。I bought a yamaha 82zs tenor。But the logo in the case is different with my alto 82zs which bought in Japan 3 years ago。The seller told me that the tennor is smuggled ,so the logo is different。Is it real? Ps The horn is not fake I think。 The new tenor‘s logo on the case。 The...
  3. Yamaha
    Hi everyone.I bought a Yamaha 82z tenor.The color inside the horn has chromatism(I marked the part).Is it a inferior horn?Thanks.
  4. Yamaha
    Hi,I bought a tenor 82Z。The thumb rest and hook are plasic(or something like)。 Do I need woodstone metal thumb rest and hook?I know and only know Michael Brecker used them。Can they make some difference? Are they necessary? Thanks!
  5. Sax vs. Sax, Mpc vs. Mpc, etc.
    A Tale of 2 Necks & 1 Yamaha 82Z tenor G1 vs V1 I made a video comparing the stock G1 model neck on this black lacquer 82Z tenor with a solid silver V1 neck. I think the silver neck has a more refined tone and it actually feels better to play on to me. It seems to have slightly more resistance...
  6. Sax vs. Sax, Mpc vs. Mpc, etc.
    Hi I'm wondering what your opinions an these two altos are and which one you would buy for large jazz band work and why. Thanks
  7. Yamaha
    82Z Tenor owners, what case do you recommend for daily use? Although the original case is good quality, it's a bit unwieldy for me for transport along with other music gear. I like the popular Protec backpackable case for its pockets for stand, pocket for music, light weight, and backpackable...
  8. Yamaha
    Decided to stick with a 82Z horn. I have a 82Z .. have an option to get 82Z II for a little more ... is it worth it. I would like to get a pro horn and keep it for a while. I am liking the 82Z so far...
  9. Yamaha
    Long story short...my student's mother told me their repairman recommended some expensive repairs. She asked me to play her son's lacquered 82Z tenor to see if the repairman's recommendation was legitimate. I played the horn. Not only did it not need repairs...but it felt and sounded a lot...
  10. Sax Repair, Maintenance and Modification
    I'll be in Ontario, California next week and need some recommendations for reputable maintenance work (leaking/sticking pads) on my Yamaha alto 82ZUL. I'm on a tight schedule and need work done within 5-days. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. I'd prefer suggestions based on personal...
  11. Eb Alto
    Hi great SOTW pals, A good Mark VI alto 196xxx OR 82z UL WOF alto one and tenor one. What is your choice? haha I have a good Mark VI alto 196xxx. The lacquer is over 90% and has no damages or repair history. But I am thinking about exchanging to two WOFs. again,,,, what is your choice? great...
  12. Yamaha
    I have ordered 82zs tenor, but they sent me 875exs tenor... Panic... I am living in South Korea and have been waiting over a week for this horn. I know 875exs is more expansive, but I really don't need it. Even I can not resell it in here. Nobody seeks this model in my country. Now I should...
1-12 of 32 Results