Sax on the Web Forum banner

Music Stand Light - what's best now 2017 ?

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  LostConn 
#1 ·
Looking for recommendations for a music stand light.

I see some old threads, but some years have passed since those had posts, and technology advances, new Mfg, etc.

Looking for a music Stand Light -

LEDs

good for seeing 2 pages of music ( in open 3 ring binder)

Battery operated, but would like also to run off AC if needed ( if possible) and also recharge from AC

rugged, reliable, etc.

What would you recommend ?

#4 ·
Looking for recommendations for a music stand light.

I see some old threads, but some years have passed since those had posts, and technology advances, new Mfg, etc.

Looking for a music Stand Light -

LEDs

good for seeing 2 pages of music ( in open 3 ring binder)

Battery operated, but would like also to run off AC if needed ( if possible) and also recharge from AC

rugged, reliable, etc.

What would you recommend ?
The iPad

#6 ·
I use one of these style: https://www.amazon.com/LEPOWER-Oper...=1493066423&sr=8-4&keywords=music+stand+light

I like the adjustable arms, so I can position them where I want them, and the 1,2,3,4 lights on/off feature is really nice.

It "folds" up fairly small and fits in my music bag or in my sax case with minimal hassle.

Plus, for those night-time Portuguese marches with minimal lighting, I can clip it to the visor of my hat and light up my flip folio.

#7 ·
I bought a Mighty Brite Duet 2 Deluxe. It has on off buttons that you push to turn on/off. This causes it to turn on when it's packed draining the battery. A sliding switch would be
better.

#8 ·
I know it's not really what you are asking, but the traditional clamp-on AC powered stand light, especially if you put a compact fluorescent tubular shaped bulb in, is in my opinion still the best.

There's probably a reason why most professional big bands use these unless they have some kind of custom fronts with lighting integrated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.