Sax on the Web Forum banner

Saxophone Shops in Southern France and Northern Spain

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Jazz Is All 
#1 ·
I will be in Europe in May. Sax-On is one of my dealers.

For those who live and know the region: I am looking for shops I could visit and bring samples to in the region.

I will be In the Pyrenees and also in Perpignan France.

Additionally, I will also be spending some time in Barcelona.

thanks!

Phil

#3 ·
I will be in Europe in May. Sax-On is one of my dealers.

For those who live and know the region: I am looking for shops I could visit and bring samples to in the region.

I will be In the Pyrenees and also in Perpignan France.

Additionally, I will also be spending some time in Barcelona.

thanks!

Phil
Hi Phil.

If you are landing in Paris, it might be worth to visit some of the big shops there like :
- Atelier Sax Machine : http://www.saxmachineparis.com/,
- Feeling Musique : www.feelingmusique.com (you have other shops in the same street).

In some other town, you can have a look at cadences music, which already sells Navarro and 10mfan mouthpieces : http://www.cadencesmusic.com/

I have no knowledge on the music shop near the Pyrénées but you should maybe look in the biggest town nearby Toulouse, Marseille, etc.

Enjoy your stay,

#10 ·
Phil-tone can't have more than one location unless I clone myself. Prices won't increase due to the move. At least not much. Maybe a few dollars for shipping. I will still take reface work from everywhere and the turnaround will still be faster than most. USA customers should expect only minor changes and I always consider order origination in my scheduling

#15 ·
VAT is a bugger as is anything to do with small biz in Spain where they ream and clean you coming and going. Ask Miguel, he'll tell you. Hopefully France is less regressive and easier to do business in.

Phil, back to your original question. There's a Berklee College of Music in Valencia, Spain. Why not give them a call. They not only can add to your question, but it might be a good business contact, as well.
:shock: Knock me over with a feather. I had no idea.

#14 ·
Phil, back to your original question. There's a Berklee College of Music in Valencia, Spain. Why not give them a call. They not only can add to your question, but it might be a good business contact, as well.

#18 ·
However, if the prices you pay for materials, tools etc are wholesale to begin with, even though you are not tax exempt , the VAT that you pay will at least be less than that you would have to charge and give to the taxation department, won't it? And even if it isn't, just add an additional amount to your prices to offset that tax expense. That's SOP here in Spain for all businesses. Small ones dealing with the public very commonly try to avoid ringing it up or giving a receipt so they can hide a certain amount of their income from the tax pirates. There are no financial police here like in Italy where the law requires you to have a sales slip when you leave a restaurant, where the most tax cheating goes on. or pay a fine. We were stopped twice by these officers after dining and asked to show our receipts. Then you see a table of them all eating heartily in the back of the same restaurants they supposedly are checking. LOL.

Anyway, here in the EU it's clearly the reverse of the way it usually is in the USA, where you are exempt from sales tax on the goods and services you need to do business and simply act as the collection agent for the tax dept.. At least that's how it was in N.M. when I did freelance photography in Santa Fe years ago.

Well, I can only speak for Germany regarding VAT but in 20 years, I never had much of a problem.

Regarding Berklee: https://valencia.berklee.edu/
Thanks Gary. You're very helpful. I hope you are recovering well and feeling much better. I know full-well what a bitch it is when our organs go haywire and suddenly play off-key, out of tune and with random, uncontrolled dissonance. The one ray of hope is when they do keep playing and let you pick up the thread of the song. For that i am fully thankful and grateful. Better to be among the Grateful Alive than the Grateful Dead.

#17 ·
Well, I can only speak for Germany regarding VAT but in 20 years, I never had much of a problem.

Regarding Berklee: https://valencia.berklee.edu/

#19 ·
Thanks, Jazz is all. For the words as well as for continuous betterment. For you as well as for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.