Sax on the Web Forum banner

Noblet Maville

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  soybean 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

Just purchased this Noblet and was wondering if anyone would know if this is the Pro model that Noblet produced. I'll be getting it later next week. I've been reading here that these are a great horn for the price. I've been searching on google and info Noblet is very limited and even harder for this paticular model. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I think you will find that all the French Noblets are very very similar. They seem to vary in finish/engraving more than anything. Ive been able to play three different altos- none were quite the same, but all played pretty darn well. So, I wouldnt worry about it. Get it setup well and it will be a great, powerful horn.

#3 ·
I am interested too in the diff between a Maville and the Standard. Did you make any progress in finding out? Why is it so hard? I am playing a Noblet Standard alto, and find it quite exquisite, the only thing I don't like totally is the odd see-saw octave lever. But anyway, difference, and is the Standard actually their professional model? Thanks

#4 ·
Actually, I've been under the impression that the Maville is the pro horn. The see-saw octave lever is a carry over from alot of the french horns, Selmer, SML's. It's pretty cool to me. I'm going to miss this horn, just sold it on Ebay to a guy in England. Info on this horn is unbelievably difficult due to the fire at the company destroyed all of the documents. Good luck and have fun with your horn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.