Sax on the Web Forum banner

Texas Saxophone Events

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Michigansax 
#1 ·
Texas is big enough to be its own region....

Anyways, I'll be giving my third doctoral recital in the Concert Hall in the School of Music of the University of North Texas on April 22 at 6:30 pm. The program will include works by Djupstrom, Wanamaker, and Franck. Come on out!!

Joey

#9 ·
For those of you in the Tyler, Texas area (I can't imagine there are many), come out and hear the East Texas Symphony on Feb. 28th. Don Fabian (SMU) and myself will be performing Bolero and the Hary Janos Suite. Rachmaninoff's 2nd piano concerto will also be performed by Elena Baksht.

#10 ·
For Texas high schoolers out there.....

On Sept. 4th at Brookhaven College in Dallas, there will be a free clinic on the All-Region Classical and Jazz etudes. The clinic is from 9am - 4 pm. Clinicians will include David Dees (Texas Tech Univ.), Roy Allen Jr. (Brookhaven College/Dallas Wind Symphony), and our very own Rob Rose (legitalto). There will also be a quartet performace with the aforementioned people plus yours truly, Joey Resendez.

This will be a great opportunity for any high school saxes that are aspiring to make that coveted All-State Band!

Message me for more info....

#11 ·
I'll be playing with the East Texas Symphony again this coming Saturday (Sept. 25). This time it'll be Rachmaninoff's "Symphonic Dances". The highlight of the concert I'm sure will be Prokofiev's Piano Concerto played by 2009 Cliburn Co-Gold Medalist Haochen Zhang.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.