Sax on the Web Forum banner

Ticheli "Out of the Blue"

5K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  josephcoffee 
#1 ·
hey all, does anyone have a recording of Ticheli's quartet piece "Outof the Blue" or know where i can get a recording. i have been looking everywhere. let me know thanks

#2 ·
You know..I wish I knew. Frank Ticheli is an awesome composer and writes alot of cool stuff for the saxophone in his concert band pieces, so you can just imagine what it would be like to have it for quartet. If anyone finds anything about a recording, I'd be interested to know as well.

#10 ·
I love Frank Ticheli's work. He came to Penn State last month to work with one of our ensembles and it was one of the coolest musical experiences I've had in a long time. I'm interested in playing this piece for my sax quartet next semester but our library doesn't have a copy. I'm hesitant to go out in purchase it without ever hearing it and was wondering if someone would be willing to send me a recording. Thanks a bunch!

#13 ·
I would too. I'm going to ASU next fall and their quartet is playing it this year as well.

It'd be awesome to hear the kind of stuff they play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.