Graduate Assistantships

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Graduate Assistantships

Hello all – Texas Tech University will have an opening for a graduate assistantantship (MM/DMA) in concert saxophone. We will hold auditions during the 07-08 academic year and the position will start Fall 2008. Responsibilities can include private studio instruction, saxophone methods class and saxophone quartet coaching. Please contact me for further information.

Thanks

David Dees
    Last edited by drakesaxprof; 01-22-2008 at 04:58 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sort of background do you expect to see in a DMA candidate? If one has a BM and MM in jazz studies, would that reflect poorly right off the bat? This isn't a joke, if you have seen my other post.

Forum Administrator and Contributor 2009 drakesaxprof's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since this is David Dees' single post, I assume that he doesn't spend time on SOTW. I would contact him directly at http://www.depts.ttu.edu/music/SOM/DavidDees.asp

Good luck,
    JR
    I lean and loafe at my ease, observing a spear of summer grass. - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
    jimromainmusic.com
    oasisquartet.com

I am a Conn-Selmer and D'Addario artist, and Membership Director for the North American Saxophone Alliance.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Graduate Assistantships

You can post assistantship/fellowship/scholarship information here, specifically pertaining to graduate study.
    I lean and loafe at my ease, observing a spear of summer grass. - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
    jimromainmusic.com
    oasisquartet.com

I am a Conn-Selmer and D'Addario artist, and Membership Director for the North American Saxophone Alliance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Graduate Assistantship at UT-Knoxville

This was posted on the NASA list by Prof. Connie Frigo:

Dear colleagues,

I just learned this week that I have a graduate assistantship to offer this fall at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. The assistantship pays $5,000 per year plus tuition waiver and medical coverage. Duties include teach applied saxophone and coach saxophone quartets when needed, and teach saxophone methods class. Other duties according to candidate's abilities and interests.

I realize it's late in the audition process, but I would appreciate you passing this along to any interested students. We will accommodate auditions outside of the formal audition dates. The deadline to apply and audition is March 1. For the step-by-step application process, go to http://www.music.utk.edu/future/grad...dmissions.html.

Students and teachers should contact me directly at cmfrigo2001@yahoo.com or 865.974.4881 with questions or to set up an audition.

Thank you for your help.

My best wishes,
    Connie Frigo
    jimromainmusic.com
    oasisquartet.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Graduate Assistantships

Taimur Sullivan at UNCSA is looking for a Saxophone Graduate Assistant for next year

http://faculty.ncarts.edu/music/saxo...ne_2009-10.pdf

http://faculty.ncarts.edu/music/saxophone/

"He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Graduate Assistantships

This thread is really outdated, and there is an abundance of 'sticky' threads under this sub-forum. Graduate Assistantships change so frequently. I believe that it's safe to say that most saxophone professors are not going to post those positions here.

Can I petition that this thread be un-stickied?
    Jamey Sterrett, M. Mus.
    Private Saxophone Instructor
    www.YouTube.com/JameySterrett