3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  MM 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello
Yesterday I Checked YAMAHA 5CM for Soprano sax
and i very impressed because i play on my vandoren S35 And On The 5CM
And I Think Yamaha is forgery of the vandoren
what do you think about that ?

#5 ·
I THINK there may be a difference between the stock Yamaha mouthpieces that come with some of their horns and the Yamaha Custom mouthpieces that may be included with their higher-end saxophones/clarinets . . . but I am not sure. I took it to be a question about a Yamaha Custom soprano piece being a copy of a soprano Vandoren piece he has. I don't know the answer.

I DO know that a stock Yamaha 4C soprano piece I have plays surprisingly well for me with a soft Fibracell reed, although I have other pieces I like better. DAVE

#7 ·
Martinman said:
I think the Custom piece is a C* copy, only he chamber has slightly rounded edges instead of being perfectly square.
That's always been my impression as well.

I generally hate the S80's on every horn with the exception of soprano. The Yamaha Custom pieces aren't too bad on soprano either.

#9 ·
Martinman said:
I think the Custom piece is a C* copy, only he chamber has slightly rounded edges instead of being perfectly square
Yup. And the Custom has really poor facings too. And the chamber is too small for the type of mouthpiece that they are trying for...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.