Sax on the Web Forum banner

Attention New Posters

12K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  skyavonee 
#1 ·
Many people will post with a subject such as "Help" or "Read This" or "Problem". This will not aid a person who just may be able to help you find your question.

This is a problem on ALL forums, not just Sax On The Web.

Please be specific. A new thread should have a title descriptive of the question.

Examples:

"Palm key notes too sharp"
"Can't play low notes"
"What is altissimo?"
"Sore lip"

Another question that is not answerable is, "What is the best _____?" Perhaps it is better to ask, "I need a tenor sax for jazz band. Can you suggest good tenors for under $1500?"

Also, for beginners, or anyone, it is sometimes helpful if you will state your age and experience. Advice on reeds, mouthpieces, and other things will often depend on whether you are a 10 year old new student or a 20 year old college saxophone major.

If your question is about a particular instrument, tell us whether you are talking about alto sax, tenor sax, baritone sax, etc.

In this way, your questions may be answered more quickly and completely.

(Harri & Pete, please make this a "sticky" at the top of this thread, and lock it)

See less See more
#2 ·
I know Paul didn't intend to have anyone reply to this (my apologies to Mr. Coats if he doesn't wish the presense of this post, in which case please delete this, gentlemen), but I'd like to add a comment about typing a thread subject or body in all caps

It's the internet equivalent of shouting and is considered bad etiquite. I know some beginners especially may feel they are desperate for information, but if everyone who wanted information typed in all caps, it would become self-defeating in purpose and make the forum much more annoying to read.

thanks.

#6 ·
Click on the 'forum' button. Pick the forum you want to start a thread in. When you go there, you will find a button called "+post new thead".

#7 ·
Many people will post with a subject such as "Help" or "Read This" or "Problem". This will not aid a person who just may be able to help you find your question.
Another question that is not answerable is, "What is the best _____?"
I know Paul didn't intend to have anyone reply to this... but I'd like to add a comment about typing a thread subject or body in all caps
Yep, these are all pet peeves of mine. I virtually never respond to a thread that suffers from any of these symptoms. And as already stated, they're problems on all forums, not just this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.