Complete Polymer sax ! - Page 37
Viking Instruments
Hyson Music
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Complete Polymer sax !

I agree Milandro on all points. And with your extensive business/import-export background, you would be potentially very valuable to them down the road as a mediator or rep. too.

Unfortunately it is looking like they don't run a very tight ship, and less enthusiastic about their own project than we are.
    Mike S.
    SOTW Administrator/Staff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do apologize for the long delay of the product. Everyone in this forum has the right to complain and we take it all. This is official updating..
    1 The user safety & environment (recycle) test has done.
    2 The variation temperature & humidity test still working on some components most of them has pass the test.
    3 The first 1 ton of Bayer Raw materiel has been ordered.
    4 The last 3 set of molds are now in progress.
    5.Injection test & assembly test has done on all completed mold. preparing injection data for mass production.
    Thank you again for all your comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we should be able to buy a vibrato sax ready for christmas 2009 ?
    Or at least thanksgiving 2009 for those in the US.

Thats what it sounds like , that you'll be ready for a late July / August launch ?
    given no major glitches.

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Al9672, it is best to assume that although there is progress, no date has been mentioned due to previous experiences . Nice to know. Let's take it from here. We'll cross the bridge of the launching date when we get nearer the goal. Any insight, Vibratosax, about these two models that you talked about?
    Life is just a bowl... some have cherries in it, some donít. Those who have the cherries arenít likely to share them though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re : Re: Complete Polymer sax !

Quote Originally Posted by Vibratosax View Post
    We do apologize for the long delay of the product. Everyone in this forum has the right to complain and we take it all. This is official updating..
    1 The user safety & environment (recycle) test has done.
    2 The variation temperature & humidity test still working on some components most of them has pass the test.
    3 The first 1 ton of Bayer Raw materiel has been ordered.
    4 The last 3 set of molds are now in progress.
    5.Injection test & assembly test has done on all completed mold. preparing injection data for mass production.
    Thank you again for all your comment.
    Great news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woaw !
    It doesn't mean a thing (if it ain't got that swing)..." Duke ELLINGTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see it get to this milestone. Can't wait for the release
    I own
    Buescher True Tone Alto 1930

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Re: Complete Polymer sax !

Hi Guys and Gals.

Good to meet you all! I'm new here due to the fact I got the Sax bug from listening to Charlie Parker, John Coltrane, Paul Desmond, and Peter King and the like ... so I'm interested in buying my first Alto Sax. Tonight I stumbled across the Polymer Sax you've all been commenting on for what seems an eternity now and I saw this quote below ...

"Their problem is expectation/perception management."

In the film and tv biz (They call this 'pitching too early') ... I've made the same mistake myself!!! But it sounds like a great idea and I'd buy one if they ever come onto the market so good luck to them, I hope it happens. In the meantime I'm still trying to figure out which model Alto Sax to buy first! Hanson sound good and the owner of the company is a good guy so I'm interested in the SA5 (I think that's right) A friend of mine who plays Alto Sax suggested a Yamaha YAS 25 and then there's the Bauhaus Walstein Alto as well. It's a tough choice trying to figure out which one to go for and now the VibratoSax has caught the eye!!!

I what have I let myself in for??? The fun has only just begun I guess.

All the best people ... good to meet you all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So instead of waiting anymore, I bought a BundyII to practice on, while deciding the fate of my other alto's work to be done.

Hey, at least I can really play the Bundy,
    its real...
    I truly believe people that play occasionally can be the most sane, yet, those that play all the time can be the most unbalanced...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just jumped on here guys and can't read through 37 pages *but actually used the search some!) and the website is ridiculously slow so I'm curious.

1)What is the price point? Is it still in the 200$ as was mentioned early on?
    2)What are the chances of there being a soprano? If so when are we looking at a release and at what price point?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sargebaker View Post
    Just jumped on here guys and can't read through 37 pages *but actually used the search some!) and the website is ridiculously slow so I'm curious.

1)What is the price point? Is it still in the 200$ as was mentioned early on?
    2)What are the chances of there being a soprano? If so when are we looking at a release and at what price point?
    1) No mention of change in price but will not assume that it will be at that price

2) Wait until the Alto is on the shelf before we start the wishlist on other types of saxes to be made out of polymer
    I own
    Buescher True Tone Alto 1930

Distinguished SOTW Member NissanVintageSax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. I'm still waiting too. Would be great outdoor/travel sax, so I can leave the $$ ones home (that, is if it sounds as good as it looks!).
    Yanagisawa 1980 A880 Alto Sax (A9937 neck); 2015 TSBS-680 Taishan Winds Bari; Yanagisawa 1996 T900Ķ Tenor Sax (T992 neck);1927 Beaufort American Curvy Sop (Conn stencil) w/white Roos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great, I just found this thread 5 minutes ago and am already impatient for the release... I'd buy a soprano in a heartbeat!
    Following my bliss.

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

735 posts! 37 pages! aaaaaiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee...
    The Martin "Official Music Man" tenor, Barone black tenor, The Martin baritone, Richards Martin Indiana alto, Martin Handcraft alto, cheap Chinese soprano, Roland Aerophone AE10, Metalite mouthpieces, Plasticover reeds, Nord Electro 5D, bunch of other instruments

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2008
    and no fun title
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, gotta adjust your forum settings! Its only on page 19! haha

Still hoping for an eventual release!
    Martin D. Williams
    Yeah, I did that.

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shapirotechnics View Post
    Great, I just found this thread 5 minutes ago and am already impatient for the release... I'd buy a soprano in a heartbeat!
    Don't start holding your breath just yet for a sax type that has never been announced.....breath freely for the next couple of years and then hold your breath for some time
    don't be[Impnt] you can't afford not being it for vibratosaxes
    Life is just a bowl... some have cherries in it, some donít. Those who have the cherries arenít likely to share them though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vibratosax View Post
    http://www.vibratosax.com is saying Server Not Found - I hope that's a temporary situation! ('not found' is better than finding it snaffled up by some DNS-hawker!) -- and if nothing else Vibratosax, this forum should be a good indication you're on the right track with this product!
    the blues is the roots the rest is the fruits

Distinguished SOTW Member and Champion of the C-Melody csax's Avatar
    Dorset, UK - via Cornwall and the civilised World...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear, now it's saying "The domain vibratosax.com has expired...." Checking 'whois' shows that it expired 29th. December - just a few days ago.

Lets just hope that they're concentrating totally on getting the sax finished, and they just forgot to renew it....
    csax.net website ------ csax on twitter ------ csax on facebook
    Weltklang bari / Couesnon tenor / Martin C tenor / SG Orpheo alto / Mirage curved sop.
    Yanagisawa, Couf, Jody Jazz, Berg and Lawton mpcs. Various sizes of clarinets, and the BIG recorders...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've decided this vibrato polymer sax sounds like a lot of hot air and will never see the light of day. Pity, it's a good idea, but I bet it never happens. Too much talk and not enough action I think. I'm surprised that a big well known company doesn't take up the idea itself. Lots of people sound interested, it just needs the right company to make it happen. All the best for 2009 people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmelodysax View Post
    Oh dear, now it's saying "The domain vibratosax.com has expired...." Checking 'whois' shows that it expired 29th. December - just a few days ago.

Lets just hope that they're concentrating totally on getting the sax finished, and they just forgot to renew it....
    Due to the Thai's long weekend we can't make the money transaction for our domain name sorry for your inconvenien

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know if I am digging out this thread but since the thread starter replied...

Is this sax still real and in market? Anywhere and anyhow we could have it tested?