Revelle alto sax?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Revelle alto sax?

I'm not a sax player by no means ,but I do play multiple other instruments and enjoy new challengesand I really like tinkering on anything.My wife did play sax and still can very well after picking up my sons student horn and giving it a go.

Anyway....

Anyone ever heard of a Revelle?I bought this cheap ($75.00).It is older,possibly made in the 70's I would guess.The key are old school looking when compared to the selmer student AS500 and looks to have "rolled" tone holes.(bulged around the openings).After straightening a few keys and adjusting some leaks out of it and relacing a broke spring,my wife say's it plays pretty good.I can make decent noise out of it too.

It does have a serial # at the neck joint.And is lightly engraved Revelle on the bell.

Anyone have a clue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Revelle alto sax?

Quote Originally Posted by hawcer View Post
    I'm not a sax player by no means ,but I do play multiple other instruments and enjoy new challengesand I really like tinkering on anything.My wife did play sax and still can very well after picking up my sons student horn and giving it a go.

Anyway....

Anyone ever heard of a Revelle?I bought this cheap ($75.00).It is older,possibly made in the 70's I would guess.The key are old school looking when compared to the selmer student AS500 and looks to have "rolled" tone holes.(bulged around the openings).After straightening a few keys and adjusting some leaks out of it and relacing a broke spring,my wife say's it plays pretty good.I can make decent noise out of it too.

It does have a serial # at the neck joint.And is lightly engraved Revelle on the bell.

Anyone have a clue?
    I have a Revelle Alto Saxophone I picked up at a Pawn Shop for around $90.00, I as well have no real information on the brand, but I do believe it is an Italian brand. It's a great playing horn, for the age it is, and when restored properly, and in the right hands, it is a beautiful horn.