CONSTRUCTION: Ergonomics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CONSTRUCTION: Ergonomics

Hi, I have a gold medal Mk I tenor that I love for it's big sound! I have found it does hang a bit strange (wants to be played in front of body instead of side) tho and found an old post where someone had moved the left thumb rest and advocated shifting the hang point. My hang point is just about worn out. Any advice please?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hang Point

At my Gold Medal I the eye was severely worn from using a metal strap hook. Because I had to do something about it anyway I had the old eye replaced by a new one which was soldered to a new spot so that the horn is now much better in the balance. I'm very happy with this now. Because the laquer on my horn is very worn anyway laquer burn was not an issue for me.
    HonestLiar

--- don't let gravity get you down ---

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: CONSTRUCTION: Ergonomics

hey Howling I am the guy who altered te ergos on te SML and hey i live in NZ and am a repair tech and pro player so .... iys a long shot ... but email me danodownunder@clear.net.nz
    Danodownunder

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree when it comes to the hanging point of my SML Bari, too! - There is another post in SOTW where an exact proposal can be found. I guess some 4 to 5 cm down and 0.5 to the right would be much better. Anyway, so far I'm still experimenting with some provisional 'plastic ritch-ratsch' before soldering.
    .... I go for horns with good intonation!

Distinguished SOTW Member artstove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some prior owner moved the hanging point on my Dolnet tenor - seems to be fine where it is (not sure what it would have been like before). I had another (Conn stencil) tenor that I sold in large part because I didn't like the left hand thumb rest. I now realize it would have been smarter to just modify/move it.