Sax on the Web Forum banner

Official Arizona Get-Together

8K views 95 replies 19 participants last post by  tempesax 
#1 ·
Primarily because I got my dates screwed up and I want to fix it. :)

FRIDAY July 14th, 2006. Place: TBA. I'll throw in $20 for food.

Easily rescheduled if there's any interest.

I'll be bringing a laptop with some of my more recent work and possibly 2007 Calendar samples.

RSVP here or via e-mail.

#80 ·
jrvinson45 said:
Tonight's the night! Hope everyone can make it... saxmanglen, if you fly into Sky Harbor, I'll pick you up on the way! Just a thot. See y'all this evening.
I would have said, "I'll make sure to alert security", but that's just me :).

If you can't recognize me from the photo that's on the SOTW main pages, I should be wearing a black polo shirt and blue jeans. I'll also be protecting a computer bag and probably nursing a soda. Wifepics and child(ren) will be going to other locations this evening.

If no one shows up by quarter after, I'm gonna get myself some wings and garlic bread. Hey, they'll probably have the D-Backs game on.

#82 ·
Reedsplinter said:
Wish I could make it -- I'd love to meet you folks. Have a beer -- or a soda -- in future memory of me.
Dude. You're not dead. It's just a gig!

PS: If you're in Dillon's band and that's why you can't make it (Dillon's got a gig tonite), I've heard you play: you're pretty good.

#85 ·
Pete,
It was really nice meeting you and ub last night at Barros'. Hope we didn't keep you out too late for Mrs. saxpics. I really appreciate the preview of the potential pics for the 2008 calendar. I think you said you're still awaiting a release on the Super 20, by I'd have to say that that one is far and away one of the prettiest I've seen (I'm talking all saxes, not just Super 20's). Maybe we can stir up a little interest in doing a Western (not just West Coast) SOTW get together in Las Vegas sometime in the future that doesn't conflict with peoples school schedules, yet isn't in the middle of the summer.

ub,
Really glad to meet you. All the best with that Ref 54 tenor... I'm green with envy.
John

#86 ·
It's actually the Pierret I don't have the release for (as well as a couple others). The S20 Silver-Sonic is definitely going to be included!

(The Kookaburra pictures are from Gandalfe. I'm still trying to decide between those and his Soprillo.)

It was nice meeting you and Bill. We must do it again. I also think the West Coast get-together isn't a bad idea. Let's start another thread on that, elsewhere.

#87 ·
Pete said:
It's actually the Pierret I don't have the release for (as well as a couple others). The S20 Silver-Sonic is definitely going to be included!

(The Kookaburra pictures are from Gandalfe. I'm still trying to decide between those and his Soprillo.)

It was nice meeting you and Bill. We must do it again. I also think the West Coast get-together isn't a bad idea. Let's start another thread on that, elsewhere.
I hope you guys had a great time! Even without me!

did you talk about me behind my back?

Why the hell not????

#90 ·
We didn't talk about you behind your back because you back wasn't there. We did dish some pretty inflamatory gossip about you in your absence; however. If you ever go to Barros Pizza and they won't let you in, you'll understand why.

Why the picture of Curtis Joseph in your avatar???

#91 ·
jrvinson45 said:
We didn't talk about you behind your back because you back wasn't there. We did dish some pretty inflamatory gossip about you in your absence; however. If you ever go to Barros Pizza and they won't let you in, you'll understand why.

Why the picture of Curtis Joseph in your avatar???
CJ? Best dog sax player of all time. You ain't heard nothin' till you've heard him perform Ibert's Concerto de Honkera Tonka: he howls!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.