Answered i cant see the marketplace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default i cant see the marketplace

anybody has this same issue? just sent message to an admin.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: i cant see the marketplace

New policy, have to have 50 posts and 6 months not only to buy / sell but now to see at all, due to abuse.

Distinguished SOTW member/
    Official SOTW Sister
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have the members who did a bit of 'backdoor trading' with newbs to thank for this minor inconvenience.
    If it continues we could lose the marketplace altogether, and that would NOT be good.
    Old reed players are like fine wine. They only get better with age. Tom Hagen

Play the Music, not the instrument.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've bough a saxholder before. No issues with it.
    Any ideas what started this new policy change?
    Now we have to deal with rubbish postings, so they can get to 50+ posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And i've been here since december 2016 researching about my alto. more of data gathering since I had nothing to share.

Distinguished SOTW Member PigSquealer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerbokie View Post
    And i've been here since december 2016 researching about my alto. more of data gathering since I had nothing to share.
    You have more share than you realize. Just engage in a conversation and enjoy the fellowship. Take 10 minutes a day and choose something that sounds like fun.
    Never try to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the pig 🐷

SOTW Lead Administrator SAXISMYAXE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerbokie View Post
    The policy of no buying/selling/trading for members of less than six months and fifty posts has been in effect since 2013. You are one of those who have been breaking the rules if you disregarded this house policy as stated. All applicants for membership agree to read, understand, and abide by the house rules when they submit their request to join the forum. The Marketplace rules pertaining to new members of less than six months and fewer than fifty posts is copied below:

UPDATE:
    (Feb 26, 2013) Due to too many people joining only to use the Marketplace, we decided to suspend Marketplace privileges from new registrants.
    (Update June 16, 2013) Privileges are attributed after 6 MONTHS AND 50 POSTS to allow users to demonstrate interest in participating / contributing in normal forum discussions. No exception can be made regarding this.

(Most recent update, 6/9/18)
    Due to abuse of the Marketplace area, attempting to circumvent the house rules regarding new members not buying/selling/trading until certain prerequisites are met, I have had to reset the permissions so that no members who do not qualify for Marketplace access via the fifty posts/six months minimums can view the Marketplace area at all. let alone use it. For the other Admin's reference, this includes the NEWBIES and REGISTERED USERS WITH SIGNATURE user groups.

Those who qualify, but need their permissions changed to access will still have to contact the staff to have this manually changed. Those who already qualify will be unaffected by this change, and still have full access.

Those who try to solicit using the forum's PMing feature or post ads outside of the Marketplace in order to avoid this restriction will have their offending posts deleted, and an infraction up to and including a full ban issued. This has become a rampant problem for us, and this is the only way to effectively mitigate it.
    Michael/Saxismyaxe
    SOTW Lead Administrator.
    Mike S.
    SOTW Administrator/Staff