Kalison Soprano mini sax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kalison Soprano mini sax

Hi...
    Reasonably new to this forum. I have just acquired a Kalison Mini high Eb mini...
    Can anyone here give me a ballpark as to what it may be worth...it is in very nice unrestored condition.
    Looking to sell it and pick up reasonably good alto.
    Any info or direction to another site re: values would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Bajan

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Kalison Soprano mini sax

I haven't heard of these before. Could you post some pictures?
    Yamaha YTS-62iii tenor/Paraschos Selmer neck/Vandoren T20/Vandoren MO/L�g�re Signature Series 3.5
    Yanagisawa AWO10/D'Addario Reserve D155/Bay ligature/L�g�re Signature Series 3
    Buffet Prodige clarinet/Vandoren Masters CL6/Vandoren MO/L�g�re Signature Series 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was one some time ago on ebay that didn't sell for $ 2750, but that price doesn't seem to be totally unrealistic.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks very much for the info.
    I read on the web that the Kalison was more of a novelty instrument...any comment on that?
    It seems to have value $$ wise, which kind of indicates that it isn't really a novelty...to me anyway.

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2015-2016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bajan View Post
    Hi...
    Reasonably new to this forum. I have just acquired a Kalison Mini high Eb mini...
    Can anyone here give me a ballpark as to what it may be worth...it is in very nice unrestored condition.
    Looking to sell it and pick up reasonably good alto.
    Any info or direction to another site re: values would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Bajan
    I read on the web that the Kalison was more of a novelty instrument...any comment on that?
    It seems to have value $$ wise, which kind of indicates that it isn't really a novelty...to me anyway.
    It is best to know the market before investing in a relatively unknown instrument, if you intend to flip it for profit.

Be aware that, as a fairly new member with a low record of participation, you do not meet the threshold for selling horns at SotW.

The best way to learn the value of a relatively obscure instrument, is to put it up for sale on a site like eBay, to see what you can get.

Youll likely be better off finding a decent alto directly, rather than dabbling in the flipping game. Good luck in finding a buyer for your nino.
    Go for The Tone,

g

"When you are doing well, don't forget to do good." - Sichan Siv.

As a Veteran for Peace, I am already against the next war.

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2007-2016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is called a sopranino sax, not a mini. Here is a thread about them:

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showth...rved-sopranino
    Life is too short for long tones

Just a guy who plays saxophone. swperry1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arent all sopranos mini Saxes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rare novelties can be worth many $$$. These fall in that category. The first one I ever saw (on ebay) sold for more than $1200, and that was close to 20 years ago. I've seen them sold for more than $2000 since then (but, $2750 might be more than the current market will bear). Many Sax collectors out there still want one, but where will they find one? On average, they seem to come up once every 2 years+, and the only ones that don't get snapped up straight away are those that are asking higher than market value.
    But, pure players shouldn't be interested, because they do sound toy-ish. For around the same price, buy a vintage Buescher straight 'nino instead. [I've kept both].

Anyone out there got a Kalison (half sized) metal Clarinet for sale (for half price)? Cheers...