Sax on the Web Forum banner

NEW VIDEO!! Performing for 3000 people with GAD ELBAZ!!

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Dave Pollack 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I have a new video for you, and it's a new style of video for me- "vlog" type if you will. It shows everything that went into performing at the King's Theater in Brooklyn, NY with the great Israeli pop sensation Gad Elbaz. I show you some of the traveling, rehearsing, backstage stuff, and show clips. Let me know if I should do more of these videos for my gigs- it was a lot of fun to create!

#6 ·
That was so well done! So enjoyable to watch.

Congrats for all those good things that come your way. You deserve it.
Thanks brother! Much appreciated.

Ha! Nice send-up of the Casey Neistat inspired lifestyle videos that everyone is making now.
Hahah, everyone loves them so I figured why not! I don't see a ton of people making gig vlogs, especially not videos of traveling, rehearsing, and backstage stuff.

#5 ·
:cheers:

#10 ·
I assume it is ok but......are you sure it is ok with Gad to be videoing yourself during the gig? I guess I was thinking if I was paying musicians to perform and I looked back and a guy was taking selfies it would kind of bother me. But maybe that is part of the world we are part of nowadays. It was entertaining! Thanks, Steve

#13 ·
He's totally fine with it! I definitely wouldn't do it if he wasn't. The first few gigs I played with him I didn't film anything, but other people were. In fact for this one the only time I really took the camera off the stand was when towards the end of the show. Other than that it was either propped up or I only picked it up for a quick second while we were in the dark.

#20 ·
I also enjoyed the video - it reminds me so much of some of my own gigs and all the stuff around and I think I'm not the only one here sharing this experience. Of course it's self-evident in a way but it still feels kind of connectional that a musician's life is quite similar all over the world. Thanks for making it and next time please make sure to let us all know what you had for breakfast the day after! :)

Best regards from overseas
Jo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.