Is Steve Howard on this list? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2014
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is Steve Howard on this list?

Here's a gizmo that FlemTone Products is contemplating bringing to market. It's shaped like a padded saxophone mute and fits down inside the alto-tenor bell. It has a little fan, a couple of batteries, and a digital clock timer. Insert it in the bell, start the fan, and the clock timer is set to turn it off in 3-10 minutes. You can still swab the horn before inserting and the Sax-O-Fan will definitely dry the sax completely in 3 minutes. If there isn't a puddle of water in the bow, it's kind of amazing how fast moving air through the body tube dries things out. Retails at about $20. It might be too practical of a product for FlemTone. Not available for soprano in hopes that people will stop playing them.

Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fleming View Post
    Here's a gizmo that FlemTone Products is contemplating bringing to market. It's shaped like a padded saxophone mute and fits down inside the alto-tenor bell. It has a little fan, a couple of batteries, and a digital clock timer. Insert it in the bell, start the fan, and the clock timer is set to turn it off in 3-10 minutes. You can still swab the horn before inserting and the Sax-O-Fan will definitely dry the sax completely in 3 minutes. If there isn't a puddle of water in the bow, it's kind of amazing how fast moving air through the body tube dries things out. Retails at about $20. It might be too practical of a product for FlemTone. Not available for soprano in hopes that people will stop playing them.

Mark

You are too late:

http://www.hollywoodwinds.com/styled-2/

TamingTheSaxophone.com saxophone website & tutorials
    Tone Without Tears: how to practise long notes without getting bored | IMPRO FOR BEGINNERS |DVD & TUTORIALS | BACKING TRACKS | AUDIO

Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new way to over-dry instruments???
    I have the impression that a repeated wet/dry cycle is more damaging to leather than a more even dampness. Just an impression.
    I get this impression partly from the performance and state of the leather washer in the pump of my garden sprayer.
    Contentment is not the fulfilment of what you want, but the realisation of how much you already have.

Distinguished SOTW Member DavidW's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just replace all my pads after playing each time. No need to dry them!

Ok, maybe not...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3