eBaySax choices for lowest eBay fees? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: choices for lowest eBay fees?

+1 for Reverb and SOTW. If we as buyers support these alternatives, we as sellers will benefit also.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KennyZ View Post
    Promotion only concern to create the insertion for free including pics, they take 10% fees anyway: never a promotion on this...
    KennyZ - I don't know about the States, but in the UK eBay run fairly regular promotions on the Final Value fee

For example in the last year I have sold three horns and several high-end pieces all for only a £1 final value fee

I put this down to the fact that in the last 18 months a mobile phone app has launched that is giving eBay serious competition,
    as it is popular with people in their 20's and 30's who traditionally have 'expendable income' and are a big chunk of eBay's demographic

Consequently eBay have been running almost-monthly Final Value fee promotions ranging from 25% of final value to 'sell for only £1'

This has been very useful as it happened to coincide with a period when I was downsizing, and meant I could offer very favourable prices
    Last edited by scoobysnaks; 01-11-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnaks View Post
    KennyZ - I don't know about the States, but in the UK eBay run fairly regular promotions on the Final Value fee

For example in the last year I have sold three horns and several high-end pieces all for only a £1 final value fee

I put this down to the fact that in the last 18 months a mobile phone app has launched that is giving eBay serious competition,
    as it is popular with people in their 20's and 30's who traditionally have 'expendable income' and are a big chunk of eBay's demographic

Consequently eBay have been running almost-monthly Final Value fee promotions ranging from 25% of final value to 'sell for only £1'

This has been very useful as it happened to coincide with a period when I was downsizing, and meant I could offer very favourable prices
    I hope that app expands to the US and puts pressure on ebay!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tranechaser - the app is called Shpock and is already big in the UK, Austria (where it was invented), Germany, Italy, Norway and Sweden

It advertises itself as 'the boot sale app' and apparently it is easy to use on mobiles, whereas eBay is not, which accounts for its rapid growth

'Boot sale' is a term over here for a car boot sale, meaning the contents of your trunk, what I think you might call a Yard Sale

Anyway, it has caused eBay in Europe serious competition, hence the frequent promotions - look out for the app, as I am sure they will expand!

Here is the Shpock page on the German version of Wikipedia (its not on the English site yet - use Google Translator) - https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shpock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have a store on ebay you can get your fees down, mine are around 7 or 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnaks View Post
    Tranechaser - the app is called Shpock and is already big in the UK, Austria (where it was invented), Germany, Italy, Norway and Sweden

It advertises itself as 'the boot sale app' and apparently it is easy to use on mobiles, whereas eBay is not, which accounts for its rapid growth

'Boot sale' is a term over here for a car boot sale, meaning the contents of your trunk, what I think you might call a Yard Sale

Anyway, it has caused eBay in Europe serious competition, hence the frequent promotions - look out for the app, as I am sure they will expand!

Here is the Shpock page on the German version of Wikipedia (its not on the English site yet - use Google Translator) - https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shpock
    There is letgo and another app that slips my mind here in the US. I've attempted to use both with almost no success. Mainly due to unreliable sellers. I always view eBay as "the price of doing business". I'm trying to sell something and they're giving me the largest platform to do it. With that said I still try to get myself the best deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like others have commented, Reverb is up and coming and it seems eBay is going down. The prices on eBay have become so high because sellers have to raise prices in order to account for all the fees from eBay and PayPal and it seems that some people just put stuff on eBay and ask crazy prices that aren't even based on the actual value.

I sold a saxophone on Reverb and it was a very positive experience and the fees weren't bad. I also like their Make an Offer feature vs. the bidding on eBay. I have also bought a saxophone on Reverb with no regrets. When I'm looking for something, be it a saxophone or a mouthpiece, I usually come here first and then if I can't find it, I will go to Reverb and then eBay is my last choice. If I were to sell anything, I would post it here or on Reverb.
    Either be good...or do better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2