Sax on the Web Forum banner

FINGERING CHARTS, Books and more...

68K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  lydian 
#1 · (Edited)
#7 ·
michaelcole50 said:
Can anyone tell me when to use the different fingerings?
It depends on the passage. For example:

:treble: :space1: :space0: :space1: :line3: :space1: :line3: :line4: :line3: :line4: :line5:

If those were eighths or sixteenths and the B's were Bb's, it would be easier to play with the first alternate fingering than the normal one (from the second link; I don't know if the other charts are the same).

#8 ·
#20 ·
Hey Guys, I'm creating a set of videos with saxophone drawings of each note and sound with two main objectives: 1) Have the fingering for the scales and be able to memorize them. 2) Study whenever we can't make noise. I've uploaded a few major scales already. Check out my youtube channel it's The Visual Sound Method. Here's a video example:
I hope you find the videos useful, if you do please comment!
Cheers
Johny

Attachments

#22 ·
I was really wondering if there's a book for "walking bass" technique on the saxophone? I mean in a sax quartet the bari sax play's the roots,but i had always this query rollin' in my mind!

#25 ·
No. You'll just have to practice until your finger is strong enough. Most people have more trouble with the left hand pinkie keys since they require even more strength and dexterity.

Also practice sliding from Eb to C to stretch your pinkie far enough to reach the C.

Do you have any physical problems with your fingers that limit your reach? Are your hands/fingers too small to reach? Are your first 3 fingers placed on the pearls of the F, E and D keys?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.