Sax on the Web Forum banner

Is this a Link Hard Rubber Tenor Ligature ?

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  TOcchiuto 
#1 ·
I just wanted to check if I got a "valuable" Link HR Tenor Ligature??

Cylinder Gas Tints and shades Metal Fashion accessory

Head Personal protective equipment Art Helmet Metal

See less See more
#8 ·
It is kind of fun to have the original lig for a fine mouthpiece. I was a repairman for over 40 years in South Florida (Otto Link territory), so I came across several of the original ligatures. I sold most of them, sometimes along with the mouthpiece. I still have one for alto. It doesn't have the "paddle" scfews, but it is authentic for a Florida Tone Edge alto mouthpiece. If anybody wants it, $35 plus postage by the cheapest method I can find. PM me.

#10 ·
The ligature in the original post is absolutely not a valuable Link ligature. Look at this T. See how there is no drop on each end of the cross-top? That's what the T on a "real" Link ligature looks like. I've been making them for a few years, so I should know. Lots of music wholesalers, music stores, Ebay sellers, etc. have been making proper Link ligatures over the years. I've now sold just over $1,800 of genuine Link ligatures as shown on the stuffsax.blogspot. It really irritates me to see that there are now counterfeit fake Link ligatures. And "paddle screws," what's that all about? With the "real" Link ligatures that I sell the buyer just gets regular screwed.

Seriously, if you look at Link advertising, there were 3 different types of ligatures used over the years, all of them quite common. There were 4 different types of screws used, depending on what the ligature provider had in stock at the time. Hate to say it, but it's just a ligature. Well, a little more than that. It's a ligature that fits. If you find one that fits your vintage Link, that's a Link ligature.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.