Sax on the Web Forum banner

Looking for a Brilhart hard rubber copy/clone

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  craigmultireedguy 
#1 ·
Just wondering if there are any Brilhart Hard Rubber type pieces in production.
I really like the original Hard Rubber Brilhart but tip openings are usually pretty small.
I prefer a 9 tip or there abouts which really isn’t achievable with a reface.
I recently came across a Brilhart Hard Rubber Copy thought to have been made by Aizen.
It’s a great piece and plays nicely with a soft reed, but even at a 10* opening it’s not a loud piece.
Any ideas on pieces that come close to these but in larger tip openings?
Thanks.

#4 ·
Well, it was a fine piece. I have about 100 mpcs. I do NOT have an original hard rubber brilhart, except for 2 Personaline models adjusted by B.P. and Sakshama. These are currently (and for a pretty long time now) my acoustic pop, jazz combo and big band pieces. They play the same, and beat out the Ebolins, the Tonalins, and the 42, as well. I favor the brilharts, generally, for that kind of playing.

#5 ·
Which sax?

These are my preferred pieces on tenor. There are actually many pieces with similar if not identical core dimensions. Some have the material in the tip for larger tip sizes. I still play a piece I got for $35 That is basically a brilhart. The less finishing work the better. Gives your technician more to work with.

I’ve seen some long body brilharts that appear to be slightly different internally, but the slightly larger than tone edge chamber is my preference.

#9 ·
I may be Interested in the Hard Rubber copy.
But I haven't given up on the 10* I got from you yet, I just need to spend more time with it.
Can you let me know a price on the Hard Rubber one in an 8* if it's possible to do this without altering the important areas.
I'm pretty low on funds at the moment but perhaps in the New Year.
Thanks Nick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.