Sax on the Web Forum banner

If you are in or close to Den Haag (NL) this Sunday and want to see our own Liam84...

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  KMR 
#1 ·
... you have to go to Bar/Restaurant Pavlov in Den Haag (Spui 173).

Our SOTW member and great tenor player Liam84 (Liam Byrne) from Wales will play there this Sunday Nov 26th from 16:00 to 18:00 with a nice group of musicians:

- Liam Byrne - tenor
- Lewis R. Taylor - trumpet
- Timothy Banchet - piano
- Dan Nicholas - guitar
- Steve Zwanink - bass
- Gijs Dijkhuizen - drums

For those who don't know Liam, check out this clip:

More information:
- Bar Pavlov: http://www.pavlov-denhaag.nl/live-jazz-(agenda)
- Other info link: http://www.thehagueonline.com/music/2017/11/02/ejp-november-jazz-rundown

I will visit this concert (if my plans don't get disrupted!).

Entrance is free! :)

See less See more
#4 ·
I have seen Liam playing live with his quintet and they were excellent.

It should be a fun gig - please say hi from me if you go.

Rhys
Will do so Rhys. :)

I want to try that Gold-plated Selmer Super tenor he has. Maybe someday.
I've played Liam's Selmer BA at a previous meeting we had here in NL, trying out many mouthpieces. The BA was his main horn before he got the Super and it was already a great horn, so his Super must be.... SUPER! :mrgreen:

#3 ·
Haven't been to the Netherlands since .. 1993 I think it was. Had a lot of fun there !
Maybe I'll fly over and see Liam and crew . I know I always thoroughly enjoy listening to his posted clips .

What did Steve Neff say recently about Liam ? ' He's an old soul..'(musically-speaking) .

I want to try that Gold-plated Selmer Super tenor he has. Maybe someday .

Here's a nice one of Maestro Byrne playing with Harry Allen

#8 ·
Thanks for the date correction milandro, indeed Sunday the 26th (now corrected in the first post)! :faceinpalm:

I will be there with my lady, but we have a tight schedule before and after the gig, so I unfortunately won't have much time to hang out a bit. :|

Would be nice if you could make it and good luck with the house moving activities. :)

#9 ·
Thanks very much mrpeebee. Had a great time in The Hague. Good to meet you and fellow SOTW members Sivari and jazzroom. Thanks very much to you all for coming to the gig. Also thanks to jazzroom for this video he took. Lucky to get the chance to play with such a swinging rhythm section.

#11 ·
Thanks very much mrpeebee. Had a great time in The Hague. Good to meet you and fellow SOTW members Sivari and jazzroom. Thanks very much to you all for coming to the gig. Also thanks to jazzroom for this video he took. Lucky to get the chance to play with such a swinging rhythm section.
Liam, it was good to meet you and the other SOTW members too.

Also thanks for sharing this very nice video (and jazzroom thanks for making it).

My lady (not a jazz fan) and me (a huge jazz fan) had both a wonderful afternoon at Pavlov in The Hague. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.