Sax on the Web Forum banner

MP3 app?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  milandro 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend an app for converting the audio of YouTube files into mp3? The one I was using shut down, and the ones I found to replace it either don't work or are malware.

#4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. My initial impressions:

Listentoyoutube is a lot like the apps I've been using, plug in the YouTube URL and download the mp3, except for some reason it took almost as long to download the mp3 as it did to listen to it. There are probably some settings to fiddle with, but I'll admit I didn't spend any time looking for them.

MedaHuman was a full fledged program that you had to download and install on your hard drive. That might make some people nervous, but the payoff is that you get a lot of bells and whistles in the form of settings - like having it deposit the mp3 in the folder of your choice, and having it automatically start the conversion (or not) when you plug in the URL or set up a group of URLs to convert as a batch.

Thank you both, for now I'm going with MediaHuman.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.