Sax on the Web Forum banner

Anybody from LA or Seattle knew Mandy Faddis, aka Amanda Faddis?

12K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  milandro 
#1 ·
web http://www.mandyfaddis.com/
fb https://www.facebook.com/mandyfaddis

Back story:

I've been looking for a martin tenor com2 when I saw her posting, asking info about it and "flirting" the idea of selling. I researched and she looks reputable as a professional musician, based on her website and FB account. So I assumed and against my better judgement, I pm'd her asking about the horn and we agreed on a price and paid her. That was Oct 24th.

Since then, didn't hear anything nor did I receive anything. I have the paypal receipt and an invoice from her but she seems to just disappear from the face of the earth. I exhausted all possible way of communication, text, call, contacted her thru the website and FB just in case somebody's impersonating her here, told her I'm ok if she changed her mind, I just want a refund. Still no response. I thought she might just be out of town on a tour, or got into an accident. But Mike S. our admin showed me that she visited the forum maybe a week after our transaction.

Her address on the invoice is:

Mandy Faddis
Saxophone & woodwinds
2212 N manning St
Burbank, CA 91505
mandy@mandyfaddis.com
mandyfaddis@gmail.com

I don't like doing this because she seems to be a nice gal, but I have no choice but to say that I've been scammed by someone named Mandy Faddis. If you personally knew her, let her know so we can rectify this. Not even sure if its the real Mandy F I'm dealing.
Lesson learned: "Assumption is the mother of all f***ups". The marketplace rules are there for a reason guys, please follow it.
Thanks for reading.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nasty story.

I had hoped that you had come to some solution but I see that you didn't.

So this is the person here on SOTW

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/member.php?102849-Mandyfaddis

but is this the same person that you are talking about?

He or She says

Mandy Faddis - no relation despite striking resemblance. Playing and recording full-time in Los Angeles after Seattle and San Francisco.

18+ years goldsmith, metalwork, machining, fabrication, wax/composite modeling and casting. Tell me everything you know about working on horns and mouthpieces. Ask me how to fix just about anything else!
and this is the " AD"

Just acquired - inc. some original accessories. Pads, rollers, springs intact but pads are pretty much toast. Original lacquer probably around 85% - 90%. It does play if the octave mechanism is adjusted but won't play great.

Have some interested buyers before I put any money into it, but wondering if there's a general rule on whether or not to invest in repairs before selling considering the kind of niche market for Martins. This is the second Martin tenor I've had.

I've read about as much as I can find about the Committee series. I was told the nickel keys are solid nickel and not plated, but not sure if that's considered an upgrade like one friend told me or if they all came this way. Should I resell it as is and let the next owner decide how it's restored?

Photos here:

Mandy
Is this the performing artist called Many Faddis?

I don't think so, he or she says , no relation, and that he or she has been doing 18+ years or work in metal industry.

Hardly what the image of this girl tells me.If she has 18+ years of metalwork experience she n must have stated when she was 5 or 7.

#4 ·
Yes, and when I saw that "metallurgy" experience, I thought it could be a different person that's why I pm'd her thru FB and left a message thru her website contact just to draw a response in case its a different person. Still nothing. Might be a hacked account? I don't know.

#5 ·
as far as we know all that connects the person whom might have contacted you to the real Mandy Faddis is only the name and we know that anyone can acquire an account with a name.

The real Mandy Faddis wouldn’t answer someone whom were contacting her about a saxophone she knows nothing about.

Do you have any idea of how many people are trying to get in touch on facebook with a nice person like this? Do you think she would answer to someone writing about a strange saxophone that she has sold to you and never delivered if , as I think it is the case, the real Mandy Faddis knows absolutely nothing about this?

#8 ·
Just initiate the Paypal dispute now, and get your $ back (I am assuming you used a regular merchant transaction and not F&F)....

This sucks, sorry, man. When people seem genuine and seem to know what they are talking about, we have the (reasonable) tendency to have faith in our fellow human being...don't kick yourself.

#13 ·
Philip is no longer a member here, I think I read somewhere.

I don't think Mods 'automatically' delete threads regarding negative comments on a seller. It's more that those threads often spin outta control, so they get deleted more for that reason.

But, Arkinet has already done the most a Forum member can do here: just start the thread, alert folks. If in the future this person tries something again, then by searching their name here they'd land on this thread....

I don't think it is the Forum's responsibility to have 'feedback scores' for people who transact on this site. That's a bit much to ask of what is essentially a Chat Board, not a mercantile website.

#16 ·
Okay, I was contacted by 'Mandy' about a mouthpiece but I wasn't interested. Apparently someone is cruising the 'WTB' posts and contacting people with phony offers, or posting tales about something they 'have' with suggestions that it may be for sale. I hope its not the young lady who plays pro sax because she's very good at what she does.

#17 ·
I hoped so too, that's why I left messages thru her website just to clarify things up. That was on the 2nd and 3rd week, social media contact and booking phone number. I tried really hard to reach out without sounding weird just in case its the wrong person. But just cant get any response.

#18 ·
PayPal by friends and family? If not, you are protected by PayPal. If a seller won’t cover PayPal transaction fee I offer to cover it. If they still refuse, bye bye.

#19 ·
His/her username seems to have vanished from the sotw members list.
It was there last week.

Get your money back from paypal.
Too bad, that Martin was a nice looking comm 2.

#23 ·
This user was contacted repeatedly requesting that they contact us for clarification. They did not respond despite logging onto the forum over the course of a week's time. We have banned the account unless/until they make an effort to clean this up.

#25 ·
I honestly hoped it was not her, that's why I reached out multiple times. But getting no response is just weird. And keeping your cp number even if you moved out of state is not unusual around here.
If she comes thru and will say she's not it, I have no problem with that. Its just the silence that's bugging me.

#26 ·
If she is, as I suspect, a perfectly bona fide person, it is only natural that she (or whomever does this thing for her) would see your numerous attempt to get in touch as a stalking attempt.

I once had a person who was convinced that someone was my niece , phoning me to tell me about my niece “ crimes”.

I happened to have the 5 year old handicapped daughter of my cousin by the same first name and I told him it was not the same person. Then he told me that he just wanted to warn me and that he was going to the police.

I INVITED him to absolutely go and do that, so THEY would tell him that he was wrong.

I think that you should file a police complaint.

#27 ·
What I did was leaving voicemails asking if she's been to SOTW forum coz I bought a horn from a person with her name, etc. etc. Plain civil communication. Left all my contact info for her to call or email me back to clarify. Did that a few times. This 4th week, I informed her that I'm announcing to this forum that I've been scammed by a person named mandy faddis, and will also file a complaint at the FBI internet crime complaint center(an experiment if the site really works) and giving her till the weekend to respond. Nothing.

I hope you're right Milandro, just sad to exchange her reputation for a few benjamins.

#29 ·
What I did was leaving voicemails asking if she's been to SOTW forum coz I bought a horn from a person with her name, etc. etc. Plain civil communication. Left all my contact info for her to call or email me back to clarify. Did that a few times. This 4th week, I informed her that I'm announcing to this forum that I've been scammed by a person named mandy faddis, and will also file a complaint at the FBI internet crime complaint center(an experiment if the site really works) and giving her till the weekend to respond. Nothing.

I hope you're right Milandro, just sad to exchange your reputation for a few benjamins.
Sorry but despite considering myself a very polite person, if anyone would leave a message of the nature that you describe ( don't forget, this is heard from someone who has no idea of what you are talking about) I too would do absolutely nothing.

For all they know you are a stalker of some sort and want to get to talk to a nice girl with other things on her mind.

Do file a complaint with the authorities.

I remain convinced that the person whom called herself (or himself) mandy faddis here on SOTW is not the real Mandy Faddis and just abused her name.

#28 ·
EDITED:

Sir,

Your assertions are fallacious and unwarranted. Further, as explained clearly to you in a private PM addressing this, it is against the forum rules and policies to publicly rebuke or critique the rules and the staff's enforcement of them. You agreed to abide by both unequivocally when you applied for membership here.

As explained in our correspondence, the users are no longer a threat and have been removed. That is all you need to know about both situations.

We are not hesitant to remove troublemakers and irritant squeaky wheels.

SAXISMYAXE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.