Lupifaro Platinum vs Selmer Ref 36 Tenors - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Lupifaro Platinum vs Selmer Ref 36 Tenors

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    Italian people are generally the creative part of the business.

Swiss people are masters in their stuff: they surely have an ultra aggressive marketing strategy.
    FYI: Roberto, Phaselus company and Lupifaro's brand owner, is pure Italian guy living in Switzerland, right now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Distinguished SOTW Member. Tzadik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PiDiDi View Post
    ... living in Switzerland.
    'nuff said!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post

Swiss people are masters in their stuff: they surely have an ultra aggressive marketing strategy.
    Really?? So you are inundated with Lupifaro marketing messages?? Pfff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised no response to the below. If "real" it's pretty damn amazing-tell us more..I'm all ears!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast65 View Post
    A little update for you all re the Selmer.

I found that some of the nicest necks I've played have a really small, barely noticeable convexity about 1-2 cms above the tenon where the neck starts to bend. You can feel it by running a forefinger back and forth to feel the internal curvature. The Lupifaro neck has that feel for example. The 36 neck didn't. So very carefully I burnished the inside of the neck in this part with a long-neck, light, fine-headed hammer, gently but with a modest pressure, running the head back and forth within that 1 cm patch taking care not to touch the tenon itself.

Having done so for about 30 seconds, there are no external signs of any change, the shape of the external cylinder isn't obviously different to the eye at all. But there is a subtle difference achieved by feel to the internal curvature in that spot, and the resonance and sparkle is noticeably increased.

I'm not suggesting you should do the same, but I wanted to share the quite obvious change that very fine adjustments made to the crook can have. I guess why crooks are so variable one to another. Fractional differences have a perceptible effect.
    ,,,overrated pleasures, underrated treasures...
    Come visit: http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthr...Track-Ligature Now new and improved!
    As well as: https://www.facebook.com/glovesgofar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High Fly View Post
    Surprised no response to the below. If "real" it's pretty damn amazing-tell us more..I'm all ears!
    Not sure why it worked, but it certainly seemed to. Not even sure the curvature changed or just that the internal wall in that spot was slightly scraped. I'm going to compare to other 36 necks, but not sure whether that'll be much of a control that there are slight differences from neck to neck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3