Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2007-2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The new 10MFAN mouthpiece “THE CLASSIC” pre-orders and audios

A couple more audios coming over the weekend.

Keep the orders coming.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertiti View Post
    Posted a new review and sound clip of the 10mFan "The Classic" tenor saxophone mouthpiece today. I've been playing it for the last couple of weeks and love the lush warm tone this mouthpiece helps me get along with the power when pushed. Great mouthpiece to check out!

http://www.neffmusic.com/blog/2018/0...hpiece-review/

Thanks again Steve for everything. Really glad you are enjoying the mouthpiece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mark - Just caught this post, and just to say I had noticed things disappearing, and even not appearing in the "new posts" area as well very recently and I had emailed the admin. Good luck with the sales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks bro. How are you doing?
    Posts have appeared and disappeared for a little while now. Not sure what they’re doing but other than that, all is good here.

Distinguished SOTW Member Dave Pollack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be going into the studio this Thursday with this piece, so stay tuned for some HIGH quality audio/videos!!

Forum Contributor 2016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Pollack View Post
    I'll be going into the studio this Thursday with this piece, so stay tuned for some HIGH quality audio/videos!!
    Just some advice, don't bring that piano player from the audition video. That guy had a major attitude!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looked funny, also! 😀

Distinguished SOTW Member Dave Pollack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertiti View Post
    Just some advice, don't bring that piano player from the audition video. That guy had a major attitude!
    Yea he was a jerk...I called in a favor from a distant cousin, and let's just say we won't be seeing him again!!

Discombobulated SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2013-2017
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Pollack View Post
    Yea he was a jerk...I called in a favor from a distant cousin, and let's just say we won't be seeing him again!!
    Sounds like a great opportunity for another audition video!
    FS: Many Alto Saxophone Mouthpieces

Q: After all these years, what do you practice?
    Sonny Rollins: Everything — but in no particular order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for the great amount of orders after Steve Neffs wonderful review, and Sam Skeltons wonderful live video on The Classic.

Email me at connsaxman@comcast.net

to place your order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STEFANO BEDETTI ON HIS NEW 10MFAN "THE CLASSIC" TENOR 8* MOUTHPIECE

STEF GOT THIS AND DID A QUICK YOUTUBE VIDEO USING HIS IPHONE. HE SAID HE WILL DO A STUDIO RECORDING SHORTLY, BUT HAD TO POST THIS AS HE IS CRAZY ABOUT THE PIECE ALREADY.

ENJOY!

STEF IS USING A BORGANI SILVER PEARL TENOR AND A SELECT JAZZ 3 REED.

TO ORDER:

CONTACT ME AT CONNSAXMAN@COMCAST.NET

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stef wrote me and said,

"Man, what is there to say? Simply unbelievable!! I have made a quick test recording for you using my iPhone. and published it on youtube. Thank you so much for creating this beautiful piece of art! I am going to share with my friends the potential its got. It responds so well. I went through many pieces lately, and this one destroys all the others that I have tried. Usually no transforms the air in sound as I like and as I need. This does!
    My friend, I'm nobody to spit sentences but this piece is wonderful in every way! I will make another test, but this time in studio with a mic because I think the iPhone doesn't give it as much the real truth. I was playing a Florida vintage NO USA and found nothing to satisfy me. Neither new or vintage, but yours will be another "long time" piece for me.
    Super big hug...by now.
    Stefano Bedetti"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From SOTW member CTBZZ today about his 7** THE CLASSIC mpc:

“LOVE IT!!!!
    The piece is KILLING! It's amazing. It's a sweet sound & there's warmth for sure, but it's not too warm for me. That's the only thing I was hesitant about when I thought about getting it, it being a category 1 piece. It's definitely warmer that the Robusto, but not WAY warmer. But we'll see, things change with reeds & different rooms & listening back to recordings & all that. Gotta spend more time. The sound I'm getting from it the sound I'm looking for. It's more what I hear in my head. I love the sound of the Robusto too, but this is closer to it for me. I also love the focus, it's just more what I'm into. It has the focus but it still has a thick sound. Love it!

*** I compared it to my EB too & it KILLS IT!!! I like the sound of yours better. Way more definition all over the horn, especially down low. The notes are just right there. The upper register is warmer & thicker than the EB. I love that.
    Guys that are playing those pieces will be crazy about this piece! ***

We'll see how it goes after trying more reeds & such, but I'm pretty much in love already.
    Great job Mark! Can't thank you enough for what you do!
    Hope all is well bro, -Chris”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From an SOTW member yesterday. He wrote this to me about his newly acquired 7* THE CLASSIC MPC

“Hey man!

Man, I can rock out on this thing. It's so full!
    Thanks for the kind words and information.
    I'm freaking myself out because I'm playing all kinds of sh*t I normally don't or wouldn't try. The Classic is just so easy to play if you've done your homework.
    As for the piece I’ve been using, I like yours way better. I loved the other but I had to work so hard. I had to blow too hard against the resistance to bring out some of the highs in the sound. I think I gave myself a hernia
    I think I might take a sick day tomorrow. I deserve it. I’ll buy a new box of La Voz M, and play...play...play.
    Yup. I'm gonna do it. So thanks Mark, I'm missing work due to a mouthpiece. Ha!!!

I'll get a video to you soon........
    I'm really amazed. Thanks for sticking with me and your wonderful creative mind and ears!

I'll be in touch soon.

Peace and love brother.”

KEEP THE ORDERS COMING BY EMAILING ME AT: connsaxman@comcast.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been playing on one of these for a few days, and I have to say it's something special. I've never played anything like it. I enjoyed the Merlot and Robusto, however, they were too free blowing and spread for me. I like to have some resistance to blow against and a bit more focus than those pieces provided. (translation: Link style pieces) The Classic has the resistance and the focus I was looking for, but with the signature super-efficient response and articulation Mark's pieces provide. As is typical of the 10mfan line, the reed selection, ligature selection, and ligature position can change the tone pretty significantly. It's like a few pieces rolled into one in that regard.

The response and ease of articulation make this piece a joy to play, it's effortless. I can get anywhere I want to on the horn. My low D is a bit stuffy on my 10M (like everyone else...right??) but it isn't on The Classic.

The sound....the sound.....the sound.....I'm still figuring that one out. It's sorta like a link, and can sound link-y, but it's been really hard for me to conceptualize or describe. It's got it's own thing going on for sure....all I know is I can get an extremely malleable classic jazz tenor sound that is VERY easy to create, even across the horn, and articulation is a breeze.

The Classic can also get a bit raucous. When I really lean into it with a focused airstream I can go in the "I'm making my rich link tone richer" direction. (Link players know what I mean....getting that air spinning) When I really lean into the piece with a broader airstream I can do more of the "Texas Tenor" thing. (Gene Ammons) When I combine the two I get confused.

This piece is all about control for me.

As we all know, mouthpieces are an interesting problem. If you want better articulation, sometimes it can come, but possibly to the detriment of your tone. Or, if you want a better tone, the articulation can possibly become sluggish. Whether it's your own personal embouchure and air manipulation, or sending a piece to be refaced, there are trade offs. The Classic doesn't seem to have any of those, unless it's just not the basic tonal concept your are looking for. My air, embouchure, reed, ligature, how much beak I take in, etc. all play into "my sound" as they do on any piece. The Classic is unique in that that all of these variables are STRENGTHS of the piece, meaning they can effectively be easily manipulated without having to make concessions one way or another. I'm sure there are trade offs on this piece as well, but I haven't found them yet.

I'm very impressed with this piece and look forward to getting to know it. I remember when I first got it dialed in I thought to myself, "huh....this is interesting." I've really been excited to pick up the horn and explore where The Classic and I can go. It's different for sure, but there is something very organic about it that I like. Perhaps it's the control, perhaps it's the basic tone, but I do know that it works for me.

Audio or Video to follow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s the most beautiful review! Can’t thank you enough for that and I’m so glad you feel that way about the mouthpiece.
    Guys are really going crazy for this model and I understand what they like about it. It’s got great flexibility and versatility like my other pieces and the vintage guys in my opinion are getting the best of what the finest vintage pieces offer and all the stuff that they don’t.

Can’t wait to hear your audio or video!!!

Thank you so much, Chris.

SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blue boy View Post
    I have been playing on one of these for a few days, and I have to say it's something special. I've never played anything like it. I enjoyed the Merlot and Robusto, however, they were too free blowing and spread for me. I like to have some resistance to blow against and a bit more focus than those pieces provided. (translation: Link style pieces) The Classic has the resistance and the focus I was looking for, but with the signature super-efficient response and articulation Mark's pieces provide. As is typical of the 10mfan line, the reed selection, ligature selection, and ligature position can change the tone pretty significantly. It's like a few pieces rolled into one in that regard.

The response and ease of articulation make this piece a joy to play, it's effortless. I can get anywhere I want to on the horn. My low D is a bit stuffy on my 10M (like everyone else...right??) but it isn't on The Classic.

The sound....the sound.....the sound.....I'm still figuring that one out. It's sorta like a link, and can sound link-y, but it's been really hard for me to conceptualize or describe. It's got it's own thing going on for sure....all I know is I can get an extremely malleable classic jazz tenor sound that is VERY easy to create, even across the horn, and articulation is a breeze.

The Classic can also get a bit raucous. When I really lean into it with a focused airstream I can go in the "I'm making my rich link tone richer" direction. (Link players know what I mean....getting that air spinning) When I really lean into the piece with a broader airstream I can do more of the "Texas Tenor" thing. (Gene Ammons) When I combine the two I get confused.

This piece is all about control for me.

As we all know, mouthpieces are an interesting problem. If you want better articulation, sometimes it can come, but possibly to the detriment of your tone. Or, if you want a better tone, the articulation can possibly become sluggish. Whether it's your own personal embouchure and air manipulation, or sending a piece to be refaced, there are trade offs. The Classic doesn't seem to have any of those, unless it's just not the basic tonal concept your are looking for. My air, embouchure, reed, ligature, how much beak I take in, etc. all play into "my sound" as they do on any piece. The Classic is unique in that that all of these variables are STRENGTHS of the piece, meaning they can effectively be easily manipulated without having to make concessions one way or another. I'm sure there are trade offs on this piece as well, but I haven't found them yet.

I'm very impressed with this piece and look forward to getting to know it. I remember when I first got it dialed in I thought to myself, "huh....this is interesting." I've really been excited to pick up the horn and explore where The Classic and I can go. It's different for sure, but there is something very organic about it that I like. Perhaps it's the control, perhaps it's the basic tone, but I do know that it works for me.

Audio or Video to follow.
    This is an excellent review, and perfectly captures the amazing qualities of this piece. I've had mine for a while now and the DEPTH of sound is something I continue to explore and enjoy every single day.

- Saxaholic

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10