Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2007-2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The new 10MFAN mouthpiece “THE CLASSIC” pre-orders and audios

QUOTE TODAY FROM SOTW MEMBER WLTRMAAS:

"Received my 8* last week and waited to post my impressions till I had some playing time on it in different situations. Sometimes a mouthiece will sound and play beautiful in the practise room, but will not project enough or sound different in a different setting (like in a big band section). When I received it, I almost couldn't stop playing it.
    It gives something special and can do whatever I want. Whisper, loud, quick, subtone and allways with a nice, fat core but not too dark. For me, it is right where I would want it to be, not too dark, not too bright and with enough power and projection. Allso up in the palm keys it will never sound shrill or thin. I absolutely totally love this piece. I cannot imagine ever wanting another moutpiece.
    Mark, thanks so much for this excellent piece !

*ps good to see that my go-to shop Saxofoonwinkel in Deventer will carry them too now :-)"

Walter,
    Thank you so much! THRILLED you are loving this piece.
    My goal was to make the mouthpiece so many players have asked for from me for a few years now. Something to add to my mpc line that is warm, full sounding, rich and deep sounding, focussed, and even top to bottom. A piece that guys could make darker or add some pop too with varied reed selection. A piece that doesn't get thin up high and keeps the altissimo fat sounding like a true extension of the sound. More focus than my Merlot and Robusto hr pieces and plenty of volume so the player can hear it well when they are playing, and a piece that projects incredibly well out to the audience.

Its a really unique design, and I am incredibly proud of this piece. The sidewalls, chamber, etc...VERY unique.
    Walter, just so happy you are loving it so much. Please spread the word to your friends there. Dino Govoni and Arnie Krakowsky, two top players in Boston, are crazy about it.
    Saxofoonwinkel will be getting some shortly, as will many shops overseas, so let your friends know.
    Thank you for getting one for yourself and I am moved by your comments. Thank you for this fantastic review.

Much love,
    mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eric Falcon leaves for the NAMM show in a couple weeks, and more shops overseas will be getting these once Eric gets back from the show.
    Right now we are filling orders till he goes.

Keep the orders coming, as we are working ALL the individual orders in with the big shop orders.

I am getting a new webmaster, so these should be up on the website shortly...

For right now, order THE CLASSIC mpc by contacting me at: connsaxman@comcast.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any chance we get to try it somewhere in Paris? I talked about your mouthpiece here at my favorite tech/store Saxmachine, and they seemed interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I will contact them today...thank you. I hope everyone gets a chance to check these out. Thank you for your post.
    Merci, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WLTRMAAS:

What reed and ligature combination are you enjoying the most?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to hear that it has a higher beak! Many of us love that, and is why we play hard rubber mouthpieces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know...thank you, my friend. Guys are loving this and I am glad we went this route.
    How are you doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll chime in from the perspective of a beginner (a late bloomer with just two years of really digging in and trying) and say I am really liking my new Classic piece-- and so is my teacher. His comment- "don't change!" It just has a nice overall feel, is quite versatile, plays evenly throughout the range. I have tried a number of reeds and it likes many of them, but can give the piece a different flavor by changing brands or strengths. Softer reeds don't seem to take on a buzzy character nearly as much as with other pieces I have tried. It also allows me to play softly without getting airy, and to play loudly without feeling a tendency to want push or bite. And moving quickly from soft to loud doesn't seem to take any special thought or adjustment.

Just really a fun experience to be able to play and not lose my tone as my concentration goes to other aspects of playing. I like my tone when I record myself better than any other piece I have tried. It makes playing saxophone more enjoyable for me and much more tolerable for the folks within earshot- that's really the bottom line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really glad to hear that! The fact that it makes playing saxophone more enjoyable for you, is awesome!
    The feedback has been superb and I really thank you for your wonderful review.

For me, it makes no difference what level players are at. I’s all about getting a mouthpiece that you can enjoy and feel you are progressing happily and successfully with, without the mpc getting in your way.

My mouthpieces are made for everyone to enjoy.

All the best, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 10mfan View Post
    WLTRMAAS:

What reed and ligature combination are you enjoying the most?
    At the moment I use a Ishimori Woodstone ligature in gold plated (really good) and Rigotti 3. In Netherlands I can't find the Rigotti's anymore which are in S, M or L. It's just the numbers. I don't know why this is.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ishimori Woodstone.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	166361

Picture is not my mouthpiece :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Walter. I like those ligatures too.
    The Classic model is heading to The Netherlands as we speak.
    Let your friends know.

All the best, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to share with you my impressions on the 10mfan classic mouthpiece.

I am really liking this mouthpiece ! It has a focused and warm sound, has a huge core and is full from top to bottom. It is quite powerful too, which is great as I am playing in a loud big band.

My first impression is very very favourable. I am looking forward to know it more and more and to get the most out of it. Great work Mark !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much! Really glad you are digging it. It has been a HUGE success right out of the gate.
    I knew you guys would love this....

I am very happy to hear great things so far from so many players out there.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7